Beta LG Channels

This add-on provides access to the free live "TV channels" available on the LG Channels website. No subscription required. Some channels may be geo-restricted.

Download from the link below, from my Matrix repo, or from my add-ons page.

LG Channels - v 2024.04.05

Tested on Matrix, Nexus, and Omega on Linux systems. YMMV, caveat emptor, etc... If you have any issues with the add-on, please enable log notifications in the add-on settings and post a link to a full debug log (wiki).
Kodi Nexus (20.2) on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix (19.3) on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: LG Channels | Xumo Play | DistroTV | Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
Did a quick testrun on an Android phone.
Pretty nice addon, although Bob Ross isn't working (probably due to geo restrictions), and streams take some time to start. Other than that, had no issues. Thanks for your efforts!
Bob Ross might be restricted to NA, it is working for me.
(2024-05-24, 21:02)Atreyu Wrote: Did a quick testrun on an Android phone.
Pretty nice addon, although Bob Ross isn't working (probably due to geo restrictions), and streams take some time to start. Other than that, had no issues. Thanks for your efforts!

You might try changing to inputstream for playback in the add-on settings. Streams load faster that way for me on linux in Nexus or Omega.

Kodi Nexus (20.2) on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix (19.3) on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: LG Channels | Xumo Play | DistroTV | Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
The addon does not work for Germany.
Can you customize the addon so that it works for all countries?
(2024-05-24, 22:50)Fuchs2468 Wrote: The addon does not work for Germany.
Can you customize the addon so that it works for all countries?

Sorry, no.
(2024-05-25, 00:36)MetalChris Wrote: Sorry, no.

It's a shame, because here in Germany I have 223 LG channels available, I just tested it on my LG TV.
(2024-05-25, 01:50)Fuchs2468 Wrote:
(2024-05-25, 00:36)MetalChris Wrote: Sorry, no.

It's a shame, because here in Germany I have 223 LG channels available, I just tested it on my LG TV.

Different services for different platforms. LG offers more channels through their webOS TV app than they do on the web. In the U.S. there are about 350 channels available in the LG TV app. Many of the channels in the LG TV app are provided by Xumo, Redbox, and Local Now.

https://channel-lineup.lgchannels.com/
(2024-05-25, 02:27)MetalChris Wrote: https://channel-lineup.lgchannels.com/

This list is different for all countries.

I tested your addon again and now it works?!
But I only receive USA content, in English.

Here, for example, also Redbox.

(2024-05-25, 05:18)Fuchs2468 Wrote:
(2024-05-25, 02:27)MetalChris Wrote: https://channel-lineup.lgchannels.com/

This list is different for all countries.

Yes, I'm aware of that. I only posted the link as an example of what is available through the webOS app on LG TV as opposed to the limited selection available on the website.

Quote:I tested your addon again and now it works?!
But I only receive USA content, in English.

I don't know why it's suddenly working for you now, but it's a U.S. website so I'd expect content in English.

Quote:Here, for example, also Redbox.

Not sure what you're asking. Is the Redbox add-on not working for you? I believe that content is geo-restricted also.
(2024-05-25, 05:18)Fuchs2468 Wrote: Here, for example, also Redbox.

Oh, I get it now, there's some Redbox channels in the add-on. Guess I was up too late last night. Blush

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LG Channels0