v20 How do I add the opening credits?
Hello,

I have several series and anime without opening credits. I have the credits in a separate file.
Is there a solution or addon that allows me to add them to an episode list?

Sometimes they're MKV files, and it's possible to add them as chapters. Often they are AVI or MPEG files (old cartoons) and in this case I don't have a viable solution.
When you say "add them to an episode list", do you mean to basically list them as their own episode to watch on its own?  Or do you mean to append them to each of the existing video files when you watch an episode?

The former is very easy.  Just make a custom episode NFO file for the opening.  There's tutorials and that's easy enough to walk you through.

If you want to automatically insert it at the beginning of each episode when you watch one, that's a bit trickier.  I'm not sure if there's an add-on that automatically does it.  I know it's a relatively common situation, particularly with older anime, but I'm not sure if anyone's actually put the time in to create a solution yet.
Thanks for the feedback,

I hadn't thought about NFO files, so I'm going to try something simple
simple

Perhaps you know of a tutorial that works? Would you have one to recommend?
https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Templates
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
This is that Segment Linking/Ordered Chapters nonsense what was all the rage with anime piracy groups in the early 2010s.  If I recall Kodi was taking a serious look at it but the effort was abandoned.  The usage of it was also abandoned by 'the scene' almost entirely as well.

I imagine the solution is 'Get better rips where by groups that didn't use gimmicky nonsense to save like 35MB an episode'.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I add the opening credits?0