Thumb and fan art image corruption
Hi all. I was wondering if anyone else has this weird image corruption with some thumbs and fan art. The first column op pixels gets messed up. The quality of the screenshot isn't great, but you can see it happen to the Return of the King. In actuality, the corruption consists of bright red pixels. The Two Towers has it, as well as the fan art. Here's the screenshot:

The original source does not have these issues, but I checked the images in .xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails and they have it, so it's not a rendering bug during runtime, either.

BTW, I'm using openSUSE, using Packman's repository for this XBMC goodness.
are you sure the original source didn't have it when you scraped them and then maybe they updated the images to get rid of the problem?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Yeah, I'm sure. My images come from IMDB and thetvdb.com and I even moved my .xbmc directory, but that didn't help. Sad I'm kinda puzzled why it does this and it surely takes a bit off of the shine of XBMC that way.
are the pictures in the same format as they are on imdb/thetvdb? perhaps we're doing an image conversion and it's being introduced by one of the libraries.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
The originals are jpeg as well as the converted images. Looks like as if they get 'resaved' somehow though, instead of just changing the extension (jpg -> tbn). It also happens to images I add manually.

Does ImageMagick or something get used?
I've been noticing this too. It's incredibly annoying.
reproducible results! excellent! file a bug.
Great, I'm not alone, going all crazy! Laugh Please support my bug report if you happen to stumble upon this issue: bug 5376.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thumb and fan art image corruption0