Anyone see issues with Zotac GF9300 mITX?
If I do go and try to build a Linux XBMC, I was considering this motherboard. Probably dropping in a C2D 3.0.

I was reading some of the reviews on newegg for the micro ATX board and saw that Linux support was iffy.

Just wondering if anyone had any insights or potential issues with this MOBO

Thanks.
Smile 
xbmc works well on this platform
I have not tried a wireless card yet :-)
I'm using E5200
Thanks for the response.
You will want to keep track of this thread -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=45525 GPU acceleration will allow you to use a much lower spec CPU than previously possible. CPU usage with this code is way way down :-)
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
I must say, I'm impressed with this motherboard. Everything is working fine in ubuntu, haven't tested the wireless card yet either....I have this working with VDPAU a Celeron E1200 and 2 gigs of 800mhz ram. It works quite well, but I wouldn't try underclocking as the board became unstable below a 700fsb.
How does that processor work for 1080p MKV and Bluray M2TS files?
By using the (not fully stable) VDPAU branch of XBMC. It has handled every 1080p mkv I've thrown at it, including the "killa sample". I haven't tested a M2TS file.
I just built an HTPC with this motherboard. I was initially going over VGA and analog audio for testing. I just moved over to HDMI, and while the video works fine, I can't seem to get any audio. I know the audio works, because I'm able to get audio over HDMI in Windows7.

My settings for the audio configuration are:

Audio Output: Digital
AC3: Off
DTS: Off
Audio Capable Device: plughw:hdmi
Passthrough Output Device: hdmi
Downmix: On

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm also getting an information popup saying that the audio device couldn't initialize.
mine is working with :
Audio Capable Device: plughw:0,3
FreddyKrueger Wrote:mine is working with :
Audio Capable Device: plughw:0,3
That didn't work for me. After combing through my asound.conf file I ended up with:

Audio Capable Device: hdmi
Passthrough Output Device: plug:default

It's odd, but it works. I wish I could get sound in the gui as well, but I guess that'll have to wait.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone see issues with Zotac GF9300 mITX?0