Mouse cursor still showing
Hi I decided to upgrade my hardy system to Jaunty because of the chqotic gestion of suspend/resume in hardy.
therefore I have now a problem, everytime that I resume from sleep my htpc I have the mouse cursor in the middle of the screen showing. I have no mouse present in the system, and when I boot I dont have this cursor. Perhaps It is only here when I resume my system from sleep and It disapear when I play a movie. Thanks for help.
XBMC SVN (updated every week) ubuntu Karmic 64bits
Intel E5200/ 3 Go Ram / Nvidia GT220 1Go / 6To (1.5To x 4 Raid 5)
Update. I saw a comment in svn about hiding mouse cursors: http://xbmc.org/changeset/19606
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I have the same experience: mouse cursor appearing a stays on the middle of the screen after resume on Jaunty. It wasn't like that before with Intrepid.

Therefore I am wondering if there is anything to do on XBMC side or have to handle it somehow on OS level?
I'm having the same problem. Not sure what to do about it.

It's not on screen right away, but if I suspend and resume it's there and won't go away.
Also there if I close XBMC and restart it.

It's not XBMC's cursor, but xorg's.

...only since updating to jaunty
Try installing "unclutter"(autohides the mousecursor) and see if that helps.
Htpc 1: Intel E8400@3GHz : Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2 G33 : Nvidia 9400GT : Antec Fusion V2 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x1080
Htpc 2: Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x108
had same problem. I use unclutter. Works like a charm
we can supply low price with high quality products.You can view our website for the details.
Thanks for your reading , pls email us if u have any questions about business .

We hope that will make a long&great business with you in future.
Your satisfactions,Our pursuit!
Please Email me to get discount!!
I opened a trac ticket for this one earlier.

Please incoude your comments if you wish:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6480
yellowman Wrote:Try installing "unclutter"(autohides the mousecursor) and see if that helps.

Thanks!! Will try unclutter when I go home tonight.
yellowman Wrote:Try installing "unclutter"(autohides the mousecursor) and see if that helps.

uncletter solved the issue for me!

Thank you for pointing it out!
I have the same problem with xorg's mouse pointer.
Can you please tell me how to install "unclutter" under xbmc live ?
A better solution is to put into your xorg.conf, device section:

Option "HWCursor" "false"
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
What if I use session to autoboot into XBMC? Can I somehow open a terminal there and edit the xorg.conf? I already installed unclutter, but it only works when I'm actually logged in to Ubuntu..

Edit: Problem solved, just edited xorg.conf as per Starstream Smile
Haohmaru Wrote:I have the same problem with xorg's mouse pointer.
Can you please tell me how to install "unclutter" under xbmc live ?

I did a small guide on how to edit the xorg.conf for XBMC Live that solves this problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mouse cursor still showing0