[LINUX] TV Show scraping options?
Hi all

I have recently moved from MS to Ubuntu and therefore from Media-Portal to XBMC as XBMC is the only application that compares to MP.

I have a question though, how does XBMC deal with shows that it either doesn't know about or finds multiple possible matches on thetvdb.com?

MP would scan, find shows and, where there were choices, would prompt me for which one I wanted.

I realise that this made me a little lazy in naming sometimes (Cupid.S01E01 for Cupid.2009.S01E01 or Knight.Rider.S01E01 for Knight.Rider.2009.S01E01) but I was kind of hoping that I would be prompted (like MP).

Thanks
XBMC chooses the best possible "hit" automatically.

If it gets it wrong then you can choose the right one by "refresh"ing the show.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Great thanks - Will have a go at that..presumably it will prompt for a choice at this point?
Also - Can I edit the decision filters anywhere? It missed out importing a load of shows that were in folders called "show season 1" but was ok with Show/Season 1

Again...if I have to rename the folders it is no massive problem, was just wondering
Read the manual Smile

It has to have a root folder name of the showname (ideally with the show year if there's been multiple versions of it, but that's not a requirement for things to scrape - it just might get it wrong).

Underneath that root folder you can have whatever you like - XBMC recurses into everything. The defaults pick up season and episode number from the filename.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

PureLoneWolf Wrote:Hi all

I have recently moved from MS to Ubuntu and therefore from Media-Portal to XBMC as XBMC is the only application that compares to MP.

I have a question though, how does XBMC deal with shows that it either doesn't know about or finds multiple possible matches on thetvdb.com?

MP would scan, find shows and, where there were choices, would prompt me for which one I wanted.

I realise that this made me a little lazy in naming sometimes (Cupid.S01E01 for Cupid.2009.S01E01 or Knight.Rider.S01E01 for Knight.Rider.2009.S01E01) but I was kind of hoping that I would be prompted (like MP).

Thanks
Blatent self-promotion: Run Media Reader (new and will run under Linux). It will let you choose alternative shows, images, edit all the XBMC info, etc., etc.

It's pretty raw but I am sure it will do everything you are looking for so far in this thread. It's here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] TV Show scraping options?0