Compile Error on PCLinuxOS
Hi all,

Let me solve the compiling error of svn source on PCLinuxOS as following:Sad

g++ -MD -c -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -O2 -DNDEBUG=1 -D_LINUX -D_FILE_DEFINED -D_ REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DINSTALL_PATH="\"/usr/sh are/xbmc\"" -DHAS_SDL_JOYSTICK -DHAS_XRANDR -DHAS_PCRE -D'SVN_REV="21792"' -DHAV E_CONFIG_H -DDLL_PATH_LIBCURL="\"/usr/lib/libcurl.so.4\"" -I. -I.. -I../../../ -I../../ffmpeg -I../../../linux -I../../../../guilib -I/usr/src/rpm/BUILD/XBMC - DDBUS_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include -I/usr/include/hal -DHAS_PULSEAUDIO -DHAS_AVAHI -I/usr/include/lzo DVDDemuxFFmpe g.cpp -o DVDDemuxFFmpeg.o
../DVDInputStreams/mms/mmsx.h:46: error: 'mms_off_t' does not name a type
../DVDInputStreams/mms/mmsx.h:56: error: 'mms_off_t' does not name a type
make[1]: *** [DVDDemuxFFmpeg.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/rpm/BUILD/XBMC/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDDemu xers'
make: *** [xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDDemuxers/DVDDemuxers.a] Error 2

I did again several times since svn revision 21749, but the error of compile was same.

plz check this problem.

Thanks in advance!
dumca Wrote:Hi all,

Let me solve the compiling error of svn source on PCLinuxOS as following:Sad

g++ -MD -c -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -O2 -DNDEBUG=1 -D_LINUX -D_FILE_DEFINED -D_ REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DINSTALL_PATH="\"/usr/sh are/xbmc\"" -DHAS_SDL_JOYSTICK -DHAS_XRANDR -DHAS_PCRE -D'SVN_REV="21792"' -DHAV E_CONFIG_H -DDLL_PATH_LIBCURL="\"/usr/lib/libcurl.so.4\"" -I. -I.. -I../../../ -I../../ffmpeg -I../../../linux -I../../../../guilib -I/usr/src/rpm/BUILD/XBMC - DDBUS_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include -I/usr/include/hal -DHAS_PULSEAUDIO -DHAS_AVAHI -I/usr/include/lzo DVDDemuxFFmpe g.cpp -o DVDDemuxFFmpeg.o
../DVDInputStreams/mms/mmsx.h:46: error: 'mms_off_t' does not name a type
../DVDInputStreams/mms/mmsx.h:56: error: 'mms_off_t' does not name a type
make[1]: *** [DVDDemuxFFmpeg.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/rpm/BUILD/XBMC/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDDemu xers'
make: *** [xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDDemuxers/DVDDemuxers.a] Error 2

I did again several times since svn revision 21749, but the error of compile was same.

plz check this problem.

Thanks in advance!

I doubt it is a problem with XBMC and is a problem with your build enviroment on PCLinuxOS. From what I can see there are a lot of strangeness with this distro. I'm downloading and installing in vmware as I write this so I'll have some more info in about 30 minutes. But have you made SURE you have all the deps installed and working? There are TONS of them.

Read the README.linux and the README.ubuntu very closely and follow what they say EXACTLY and I'm sure you will have a working build enviroment in no time.

I build the linux branch every night for my site [ http://www.xbmcsvn.com ] and it is been a long time since I've had a linux build issue other than the weird rXXXXXM thing but even that is gone now.

I'll follow up once I have that dist installed and can see for myself what issue you're having.

Craig
Main Rig [Scorpius] - Core i7 2600k @ 5Ghz. 16 Gig DDR3 1600. 1x HD 6990 1x HD 4870 Hackintosh [Chiana] - Core i5 @ 3.8Ghz. 12 Gig DDR3 Linux [Moya] - Core2 Duo E8200 - 2 Gigs DDR2 800 WHS [Zhaan] - DualCore [email protected] - 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Jothee] Core2 Quad @ 2.8Ghz 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Aeryn] Core2 E8400 @ 3.0Ghz 2 Gigs DDR2 800 2TB Server [Talyn] Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz - 8 Gigs DDR2 1066 FileServer [Crichton] P4 650 3.4GHz - 2 Gigs DDR
Dude all I can say is good luck ever getting XBMC to compile on that Dist. Unless you download and compile nearly 3/4 of the deps it aint gunna happen. 3/4 of the deps are very very very outdated and there are no "packages" to update them for this dist at all. Apt-get is not your friend with pclinuxos and the package manager doesn't have about 1/3 of the needed deps and the ones it does have are severly outdated.

I'm not saying it can't be done. If you have enough patients and follow the readme.ubuntu but instead of using a package manager to get the deps, head on over to sourceforge or freshmeat and get each one and download them, then compile them [yah good luck with that too] and then install them you just THEN may able to be able to compile this.

But in less that 1/100th the time, you can just download and install ubuntu and be done with it.

You can always install KDE as the desktop manager for Ubuntu, which I am personally starting to like more and more, instead of the standard gnome.

pclinuxos is pretty, easy use, and seems to work really well. But it is outdated, and not a target platform for XBMC Sad

All I can say in closing is good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Craig
Main Rig [Scorpius] - Core i7 2600k @ 5Ghz. 16 Gig DDR3 1600. 1x HD 6990 1x HD 4870 Hackintosh [Chiana] - Core i5 @ 3.8Ghz. 12 Gig DDR3 Linux [Moya] - Core2 Duo E8200 - 2 Gigs DDR2 800 WHS [Zhaan] - DualCore [email protected] - 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Jothee] Core2 Quad @ 2.8Ghz 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Aeryn] Core2 E8400 @ 3.0Ghz 2 Gigs DDR2 800 2TB Server [Talyn] Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz - 8 Gigs DDR2 1066 FileServer [Crichton] P4 650 3.4GHz - 2 Gigs DDR
Hi Craig!

Thanks for your reply.

I think all configuration for XBMC compile on PCLOS except for mmsx library seems to be ok. That is why I have been packaged XBMC RPM for PCLOS without any problem since 4 months ago.

I have been packaged RPM to svn r19975 finally. But I did not packaged it for 2 months due to my private business. I was restarted to pack RPM with revision 21749 downloaded from SVN tree under the previous compile environment but it failed due to mms.

I found there was a difference of mms library between r19975 and r21749, so with your advice on the deps, I installed libmms0-devel of PCLOS additionally from apt repository, but the failure was continued.

what kinds of library related with mms should i install?
libmms-dev 0.4

https://launchpad.net/libmms

also see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54859
Thanks for spiff's advice!

I've solved the compiling problem with libmms source.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compile Error on PCLinuxOS0