Dual Monitor With Touch Screen
Hi There,
I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to setup dual screen, one being a touch screen.
I currently have a projector and have no trouble using cloned dual screen to watch movies.
I would like to use a touch screen (wall mounted) to control XBMC and output onto the second screen (hopefuly using the XBMC movie player). I was hoping that the touch screen could always display the XBMC menu screen (no movie, etc..) like a remote control of sorts.

Thanks in advance.
Dont really know but you better make sure your skin supports the mouse well. That seems to be a dying breed.
I have tested the skins with the touchscreen and had no problems at all. In fact it works great.
Does no one have any ideas how to implement this?
Any help would be appreciated.
I guess one thing you could do is use the WebUI and just have it always displayed on the touchscreen whenever XBMC is open... Maybe?
At this point all I need to work out is how to make XBMC not freeze while a movie, etc.. is playing.
Unfortunatly I cant help with your question, but itsinteresting that I had exactly the same idea for interacting with my HTPC connected to a HDTV.

My idea was to use a touchscreen as the primary monitor and interaction device so that I could browse media ect (and I was going to mount the touchscreen in my coffee table), and then have the HDTV connected as a secondary monitor that would playback the full screen movies/media when I selected the on the touchscreen. Is that what you were aiming for also? Did you manage to get it to work?
I would be interested to find out as it is precisely what i would like to achieve:

- XBMC as remote control on a touchscreen

- for music/movies/pics browse on touchscreen but when you launch it opens the video windows on the main HDTV screen but I can still use my touchscreen as a remote.
BadBoy357 Wrote:At this point all I need to work out is how to make XBMC not freeze while a movie, etc.. is playing.

Actually, even if you could outline how you managed to get XBMC to output the video to the second monitor/projector without having the video show up on the touchscreen that would be great for now, assuming you managed to get that to work?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dual Monitor With Touch Screen0