Video movies are totaly black - Sound is OK
Hello to all Big Grin

Here is the situation

XBMC was working fine until I decide to move my graphic card to an ATI 4350and the display to a a Philips TV 47" LCD. The connection is throught HDMI.

At this step the PC image turn to green and red only or immediatly or after 15 or 20 minutes of usage.

Then, I discover that this is a known issue with somme ATI card, some PHILIPS TV, when using HDMI.

The solution require to define the pixel format in RGB 4.4.4 limited or full in the catalyst Control Center.

The problem is known apparently since catalyst 8.5 and they is now at least 4 or 5 new versions of catalyst but the problem is still there.

So, after making this "pixel format" adjustement, everething was working correcly with the exception of watching video ( video files or CD/DVD) with XBMC where the place for video is totaly black and the sound play correctly.

Followings drivers / applications are updated at the last level

- ATI 4350
- catalyst 10.x
- XBMC 9.11 (Camelot) - (problem more or less the same with Babylon where the place for video is totaly on another color and flashing a little)
- XP SP2
- DirectX 9.0c

WMP is OK
Power DVD is OK
Image in XBMC are OK

This probably not a codec issue while everything was working perfectly well before making this pixel format update.

I will appreciate any help in order to solve this ennoying issue.Oo

Thanks

Lecopi -

Please be indulgent with my English which is not my native language.
Could it be you need the nightly build opengl version?

http://sshcs.com/xbmc/
in either case we need a a debug log
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for your reply.

Apparently, I cannot post attachments
Use pastebin to post logs!
(post there the log and post here the url...)
My XBOX:
modded by X-Bit Chip - Serial interface - LCD 16x4 White on Blue - HD/Network activity blue led - Transparent Jewel with 8 leds - 64MB of additional RAM - DVDROM LG-8163b - XIR v2 powered by XBMC and MediaStream Redux
text too long in order to be posted here.

the text is over 1MB - (size is 1.9MB) pasbin doesn't accept it.

The log as been succesfully posted at 09H53:15 on the french XBMC forum. You could download it from this place.
http://passion-xbmc.org/xbmc/plus-d'affichage-de-video/

FYI, they is no problem at all with the french forum where Shaitan gave me your adress.
Hello to all,

any idea after looking in the log file ?
I've tested xbmc live with both available ATI driver settings on 4850 - also black screen. I've got also a dedicated XBMC box with GeForce 210 inside and everything is working flawlessly there (Xubuntu + default PPA install).

Maybe there is some stupid problem in the ATI drivers...

regs...
Thanks qubix

I was just thinking to move to a G210 as the "best & immediate" solution.
Glad to hear from you that you have tested and that the results seems good.
Thanks
Hello to all

I have made a reduced XBMC log by removing "the long middle portion" of the log, which to my opinion has no added value.

So now my log in on pastebin at the following adress:
http://pastebin.ca/1791300

If I can do anything else, please let me know.

Many thanks to help me to try o find the solution.
Lecopi
Lecopi: be warned, there are problems with HDMI audio output on G210 and current alsa drivers. Alsa needs patching - there are relevant posts here. I use a stereo analogue amplifier for audio so this is not so important for me, but for the next 3-6 months you'll have to live with this until the patch will get included in the mainstream distros.
You're missing the D3D shader compiler. Download DirectX from MS site. This should solve your problem.
Thanks' Elis (never to late)
It was exactly this - direct X not properly installed.

Subject could be closed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video movies are totaly black - Sound is OK0