Color space confusion
Hi guys!

I'm having some problems with setting up xbmc and my projector to match color space and I'm wondering if someone could help me clear up my confusion.

The projector has settings for RGB (computer), RGB Video (blu-ray I guess), auto (let the projector decide) and a few more for other stuff.

In xbmc, I'm guessing the only thing I can play with it vdpau studio color conversion.

I've had the studio color conversion enabled and the projector on auto, but yesterday when watching a movie with at lot of dark scenes, I thought the blacks looked gray, so I switched the projector to RGB Video and it looked much better. That's confusing me, because I thought that enabling studio conversion converts colors from 16-235 to 0-255 and in that case RGB Video should truncate the colors to 16-235 again?

What am I doing wrong and how should I set it up? Also, if I have to switch from auto to something else on the projector, woudln't that give me problems with other sources (XBox 360, dvd-player etc..)?
Turn off vdpau studio level conversion and set the projector to RGB computer, that should match things correctly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Color space confusion0