Heavy Disk I/O and CPU Usage by Scrapers?
elupus Wrote:Could you try and disable any antivirus software and see what effect that has. It hit me that they most likely scan every dll loaded.

I just tried disabling the real-time protection but no joy...

Running Dharma Revision 32748

-Pr.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
Having the same problem scans about 10 movies then slows down to about 20secs per movie, & xbmc hangs until it finds the next movie.My debug looks like Pr.Sinister's Loads & unloads ADVAPI32.DLL secur32.dll KERNEL32.DLL USER32.DLL & NETAPI32.DLL all the time i tried excluding the dll's from my antivirus (avg) & it makes no difference.

Running Vista Dharma R32953

Gonna try it on xp in a mo. I'll post back in a bit
Those are loaded by curl.

@elupus - this appears to happen whenever you get multiple construction/destruction of CFileCurl objects in a row (whether they be used or not) as curl gets instantiated.

Perhaps we should have a g_curlInterface.Load() at app start?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

just installed R32953 on an xp machine Scanning is faster (about 5sec per movie) but it doesnt get any slower. The one thing i did notice was after about 30sec had a message saying it couldnt connect to my nas & would i like to continue scanning away. So i said Yes & for about 15sec after that scanning went up to full speed like the version i normally run on that machine. (R28275). hope this helps
Glad I'm not the only one having problems with the library scanning feature in the Dharma builds.

When adding my TV Shows and movie rips in Camelot I don't have any problems, it scans without issue and quickly (debug mode shows it running at a constant 60fps with low CPU usage + able to navigate menus and watch videos, etc.)

Under every Dharma build tested scanning not only takes a long time to begin, but under debug mode shows dropping down to 1-2fps with at least double CPU usage compared to Camelot, extremely slow to respond to any kind of keyboard commands, heavy disk i/o, etc.

http://pastebin.com/nhSaaetr (Dharma r33035)
http://pastebin.com/ePBNT9Up (Camelot)

These debug logs are both from fresh installs done one after the other. I used the imdb scraper on each test and all other system settings were exactly the same. As shown it added all 100 movies to the library under Camelot in around 45secs whereas in Dharma it had only added 6 in around 1min after which I shutdown XBMC.

All movies are in their own folder with individual .nfo, fanart, etc.
I'm trying to rescan my library and am finding it extremely slow. After a few seconds XBMC's GUI becomes unusable let alone watching any video. Its as if its in a cycle, it freezes for about 10 seconds then becomes responsive again for 2 seconds and keeps repeating. Maybe its when it finds a title to scan to the library?

I have made a debug log here:

http://pastebin.ca/1923558

Not sure if its a good idea to mention this here but another thing I noticed which is most likely unrelated is this issue is I have dual monitors set up and XBMC freezes/pauses when ever you click on the other screen. (With the exception of when a video is playing) e.g if you are playing music with the visualizer in the background it will freeze as soon as you click off of XBMC. I noticed this behaviour introduced 2 builds back (xbmc-r33004-Dharma.exe)

Day 2 of scanning my library back in. Updated to "xbmc-r33078-Dharma" this morning and am still getting the same behaviour. I have a large collection of movies and TV shows which have all been tagged with Media Companion.

debug log here:
http://pastebin.ca/1924124

I hope I am being helpful
should be fixed in svn i think
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

elupus Wrote:should be fixed in svn i think

Will wait for the nightly build and let you know...

In the meantime, looks like Clean Library isn't working in build the past few builds...

Will confirm with the nightly build...
elupus, I confirm it's fixed.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Just tried it with Single Show Updates and it seems to work just fine...

Thank You!

I will rescan my whole library to see if it has sped up...

Build 33118 still doesn't clean my movies or tv shows...

Full debug log tomorrow...
Just tried the latest build, xbmc-r33122-Dharma. Works flawlessly now. Added my whole library of movies, tv shows and music without any problems. Awesome job can't wait for the final stable build. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Heavy Disk I/O and CPU Usage by Scrapers?0