2 Things - 1080p & Music
First Thing

I have a Revo R3610 with XBMC Live 9.04 installed. I tried my first 1080p movie and it plays with the audio in sync. However I can just notice every now and then that the playback of the movie is not perfectly smooth, there's a very very very slight lag that I can see. I am a Windows person, but I installed XBMC Live direct to the drive, without having Windows installed and hence it is running a Linux backend. 720p seems fine, and I do have another 1080p that I will try and run to see if I get the same thing, to at least eliminate the file as the problem.

I know that there is an updated codec for Windows that allows the Ion chip to fix this. How do I go about in resolving this with my current setup.

Second Thing

When just playing my music, the audio seems to be about 1/2 a beat faster. It sounds like it has been accelerated a little. Any thoughts on this?

My Config

I have attempted to update to 9.11 XBMC Live but mine fails. I have checked the net to see if there are any solutions to my issue, but alas none. The ISO burns and boots fine, however when I then boot off the ISO and try to write to a thumb drive, it fails and I can't get it installed to the USB drive, to then install it to the Revo.
9.11 is old and will be outdated VERY soon. Try another live release such as XBMCFreak and see if it fixes your problem. If it does you can consider doing a permanent install.
9.11 is old? Perhaps but his problem is that he cannot manage to update from 9.04 => 9.11.

9.11 should do fine, don't advice people to go for unstable release if they struggle to upgrade to stable. I don't think 9.04 should be a problem either, perhaps the 3610 need a newer graphical driver?
There is a number of threads out there with trying to boot off the ISO and install XBMC Live to a thumb drive, where it fails. I was referred to get Camelot installed as the new standard over PM3 and have that as the occur, but alas that fails to work. I still haven't found a solution to that problem as yet.
Best bet is to use a program such as UNETBOOTIN. I am not familiar with the Windows version, but I know on the older Linux versions I would have to install XBMC about 3-4 times onto the USB before I got it working... seemed to be a glitch in UNETBOOTIN. Also, I have heard that UNETBOOTIN has trouble with anything Lucid (10.04) based, so unless you are familiar with Linux, I would stay with the 9.11-repack Live-CD. If you want "Bleeding Edge" from there, just upgrade to the SVN from the repo.
Thanks for the advise. I was going to try the 9.11 Live CD, but unfortunately I can not install the image onto my USB thumb drive using the following method

* Download 9.11 ISO file
* Burn the ISO onto a CD
* Launch from the CD (after restart) and then Install XBMC to Thumb drive using the menu's. Tried guided install, tried manual install, automatic configuration, manual configuration.

Mine gets as far as partitioning and then fails to "Install the System" and hence I can't even get the USB configured to then install it to my Revo (regardless of which way it can be done). I didn't have any problems with 9.04, it installed to my thumb drive with out a problem and then I could install it to the Revo. The only source I have been able to find for 9.11 Live is sourceforge. I have re-extracted the file, burnt to a seperate disk, tried the install on 2 different PC's (different OS's) and still no luck. Is the 9.11 repack Live-CD on a different link somewhere?
Quote:Thanks for the advise. I was going to try the 9.11 Live CD, but unfortunately I can not install the image onto my USB thumb drive using the following method

The method have chnaged.
Quote:Best bet is to use a program such as UNETBOOTIN.
Hi all, thanks for the help. I have now finally been able to get XBMC Live installed to the Revo after using unetbootin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 Things - 1080p & Music0