I don't understand
I've had a very inconsistent experience with the remote app thus far. It seems to work at some times flawlessly and not at all the other times.

I'm running v0..8.4 on an Evo 4G and 10.03-beta 3 on Windows 7.

I'm also running sabnzbd and sickbeard on the same machine.

I set the web port to 8086 and the TV and Movies libraries work just fine from my phone and I can play the media from the app. The remote control however, does not function at all. I have the event server port set to 9777 on the phone, but I have no idea how to check on xbmc. I have disabled Windows Firewall as well as the NOD32 firewall. Other than checking the "allow programs on other computers to control xmbc" is there anything else I need to do to enable the event server?
I have the exact same problem...

I've already searched and searched and can't find the reason for this nor how to fix it. In the old days, where you could explicitly find a Event Server option, the Android XBMC Remote was working just fine, when that was changed, it stopped working for me.

As far as I can tell, I have everything enabled as it should but I must be missing something... I also have the ports properly forwarded on my router but shouldn't matter for the moment as I'm trying to make this work internally.
Did you check the setup guide?
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT
Yes. But I forgot to reply here yesterday...

It started working without me changing anything (that I can remember of). Maybe I rebooted the router or something, I really don't know what I did. But it's working Smile

The only thin not working is Wake on Lan but there must be something else going on on my network cause it works internally, it just doesn't externally. But that's off-topic.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I don't understand0