Boxee Remote on AppleTV possible?
I have tried the Boxee Remote in the past and I think it's the best remote ever designed.
It's not IR, very light, the interface is very simple for playback and full keyboard in the back, simply perfect for XBMC.

The problem is that it works with RF and a RF usb receiver and I don't know if the AppleTV could be able to handle this.

Do you think it´s possible to see in the future this remote working with XBMC on AppleTV2?

If someone has never seen it is in here: http://blog.boxee.tv/2010/01/05/by-the-p...way-comes/
neoranga Wrote:I have tried the Boxee Remote in the past and I think it's the best remote ever designed.
It's not IR, very light, the interface is very simple for playback and full keyboard in the back, simply perfect for XBMC.

The problem is that it works with RF and a RF usb receiver and I don't know if the AppleTV could be able to handle this.

Do you think it´s possible to see in the future this remote working with XBMC on AppleTV2?

If someone has never seen it is in here: http://blog.boxee.tv/2010/01/05/by-the-p...way-comes/

For the 1M'th time, the AppleTV2 is a USB device and not a USB host, you can't plug a USB device -> USB device and expect anything to happen except smoke.
Of course, Boxee box has one of the nicest remotes with its full keypad. In addition, you do not have to buy the Boxee Box to use it. Aside from other hardware makers, Boxee is also free to download and use on any modern PC, laptop, or tablet. Well, I think probably it's possible because as of now they also have the Apple TV version. Perhaps, you may also take a look at Boxee TV if you want to ditch your cable. It is a streaming set-top container that also does DVR services and can get basic channels via an HD antenna.
(2012-10-20, 09:05)yokoH Wrote: Of course, Boxee box has one of the nicest remotes with its full keypad. In addition, you do not have to buy the Boxee Box to use it. Aside from other hardware makers, Boxee is also free to download and use on any modern PC, laptop, or tablet. Well, I think probably it's possible because as of now they also have the Apple TV version. Perhaps, you may also take a look at Boxee TV if you want to ditch your cable. It is a streaming set-top container that also does DVR services and can get basic channels via an HD antenna.

Boxee was once awesome, and we once considered them brothers. I even use a Boxee remote for my ATV1. However, I could never recommend their new product, Boxee TV, and would actively discourage other people from ever investing in Boxee again. They turned their backs on their entire customer base, and on open source software.
(2012-10-21, 02:14)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2012-10-20, 09:05)yokoH Wrote: Of course, Boxee box has one of the nicest remotes with its full keypad. In addition, you do not have to buy the Boxee Box to use it. Aside from other hardware makers, Boxee is also free to download and use on any modern PC, laptop, or tablet. Well, I think probably it's possible because as of now they also have the Apple TV version. Perhaps, you may also take a look at Boxee TV if you want to ditch your cable. It is a streaming set-top container that also does DVR services and can get basic channels via an HD antenna.

Boxee was once awesome, and we once considered them brothers. I even use a Boxee remote for my ATV1. However, I could never recommend their new product, Boxee TV, and would actively discourage other people from ever investing in Boxee again. They turned their backs on their entire customer base, and on open source software.

How did u hook up the boxee remote on atv1
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
(2012-10-22, 06:23)rflores2323 Wrote: How did u hook up the boxee remote on atv1

D-link used to sell the remote by itself with a USB dongle that was seen as a standard USB keyboard.

Another funny thing about Boxee TV is that they ditched the keyboard side for their new remote.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Boxee Remote on AppleTV possible?0