XBMc not using some locally stored folder.jpg and fanart.jpg
I have a pretty large music library (~30K songs, 5K artists). For whatever reason, XBMC will not use the locally stored images for some artists. I know I can manually set the images for each artist but going through each artist in a large library is a pain. I know my images are in the proper location and named properly. My library is structured are follows:

artist>>album>>song list

Any ideas??
did the pics exist when the media was scraped?
Thank you for the reply. Yes, the pics are in the folders prior to scraping. I even removed my source, cleaned the database and re-added a few times. But it still wont work for all my images. The strange thing is that for some images even if I try to go and add them manually, the images do not show in the initial list of available local and remote images. I have to browse to the artist folder to add the image and even then it still doesnt work sometimes.
I'm currently having a similar issue with Movies & Videos.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=94173
It seems, for whatever reason, XBMC is completely ignoring my file structure & scraping the internet for folder.jpg & all the info. Which makes it even more frustrating because every time I go to a file, it takes forever trying to reload the image from online sources when I have a perfectly fine copy in my library, right next to the video.
So it's not just the Music DB that XBMC is ignoring predefined files. Hopefully someone will realize this & do something about it, or tell someone that can do something about it. Until then, everyone else will just have to make these unnoticed cries of WTF?!
Until you provide a debug log, chances are nothing will be done.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I too am having a problem with folder.jpg not showing for albums in music library mode.

If I drill down through 'artist' to the albums and start to play an album the album thumbnail is populated. Likewise if I get info on an album track the album is populated.

My music has embedded album art in the .mp3 and also a folder.jpg in each directory. I suspect as it only displays the album art when I access an individual .mp3 that XBMC is only using the embedded album art rather than the folder.jpg.

The log file linked shows when I start playing a track and also when I get information on a track and then get information on an album.

http://pastebin.com/hE7kEx0p

My music library is using an external mysql database and local thumbnails. The music files and folder.jpg are located on the same server (WHS) as the mysql database. The client is running on Win7

Before I used the mysql database I used the same source for my music and the album art displayed correctly.

Any ideas as to how to force the album art to be populated using the folder.jpg?

Thanks
Further to the above I set up another XBMC client to access the same external mysql database and I experience the same issue (i.e. album covers not being displayed until the music files are played or accessed via info).

I've also synchronised the thumbnails folders between the two clients and these work fine for fanart etc but not for album covers.
Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but has anything changed about this? I've searched around and still doesn't seem to be an end-all solution... Jason Fitzpatrick's guide over on lifehacker mentions in the last paragraph that local media should populate metadata across multiple clients when using mysql, I haven't found this to be the case.. (http://lifehacker.com/5634515/how-to-syn...-the-house) Maybe a different solution or work-around? I've been using a mysql backed db for a few months now and still a mystery how to best set up thumbnails... For reference I have all my nfos/art of anykind local, with my media.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMc not using some locally stored folder.jpg and fanart.jpg0