Mythtv 0.23.1 for ubuntu 11.04
Hey guys I just installed ubuntu 11.04 64 onto my desktop. I was planning to run a mythtv-backend on it. I was looking through the repos and couldn't find a mythtv backend version earlier then 0.24.

Mythtv 0.24 is not supported by xbmc 10 which I am running on a Openelec frontend. Because I'm running an openelec frontend it is not flexible to change to the trunk version of xbmc to support mythtv 0.24. So my only option is to get mythtv 0.23 to work on my desktop. I found different 0.23 debs that would work for the main mythtv package, or the mythtv-master backend but the mythtv-backend deb would not install because of a requirement with libmyth-0.23. I tried installing that and it works but trying to add mythtv-backend after that complains about broken packages, it tries to fix it and just changes mythtv-backend to the 0.24 version.

I am not 100% sure if my main mythtv package needs to be 0.23, or my backend, or my database but do know xbmc 10 only supports mythtv 0.23 (not sure what package it's looking for).

Anyway thank you for listening, and any help is greatly appreciated.
Josh,

Can you use the mythbuntu repos?
http://www.mythbuntu.org/repos

You may be able to select 0.23.1 from there.

I'm running Mythbuntu 10.10 with MythTV 0.23.1 and it works very nicely with XBMC Dharma.

el_P

EDIT: Also, I know nothing about openelec, so if what I've said above is not possible then I apologise.
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mythtv 0.23.1 for ubuntu 11.040