[REQUEST] Random movie player plugin or script
I am no programmer, but more of a highly curious end user.

I came up with an idea for a new script if anybody wants to pick up and run with it.

How/why I came up with this idea:

I have over 700 movies in my collection and I have only seen about 20% of them. When friends come over, it takes us a really long time to pick out a movie, and also scrolling through hundreds of movies is a pain as well. I remember back in the day when we turned the cable tv on and looked at the HBO movies, there would only be 3 or 4 options. Things were easier back then.

What does/will this script do?

This script will basically present you a movie option w/ poster, fanart and basic info. You can either accept and play, or click "next" for a another option.

What kind of setting options will it give the user?

1) genre
2) year range
3) only present unwatched movies
4) rating range

Playing options:

Either play the movie right away, or start it in "Cinema Experience"

So what do you guys think?? I think it would be a lot easier for me and friends to pick a movie that way. Sometimes too many options is not a good thing Smile
have you tried PseudoTV addon or TV Time addon?
They basically do that but in an even cooler way:
they use your libary to mimic tv channels.
I just checked them out, they are very impressive, however not exactly what I was looking for. They are just geared for a different purpose.

Thanks
aptalca Wrote:I am no programmer, but more of a highly curious end user.

I came up with an idea for a new script if anybody wants to pick up and run with it.

I have over 700 movies in my collection and I have only seen about 20% of them. When friends come over, it takes us a really long time to pick out a movie, and also scrolling through hundreds of movies is a pain as well. I remember back in the day when we turned the cable tv on and looked at the HBO movies, there would only be 3 or 4 options. Things were easier back then.

This script will basically present you a movie option w/ poster, fanart and basic info. You can either accept and play, or click "next" for a another option.

1) genre
2) year range
4) rating range

Playing options:

So what do you guys think?? I think it would be a lot easier for me and friends to pick a movie that way. Sometimes too many options is not a good thing Smile

It's a cool idea. I like it...but I don't know how to do any programming. I hope somebody runs with it.
aptalca Wrote:I am no programmer, but more of a highly curious end user.

1) genre
2) year range
4) rating range

Playing options:

Actually this is somewhat available in Cinema Experience already. Not a nice an neat menu(though one is planned) but if you know SQL(or learn, it is pretty easy). It can be activated by HTTP-API or using a builtin function(either keymapping or from a skin)

Quote:So what do you guys think?? I think it would be a lot easier for me and friends to pick a movie that way. Sometimes too many options is not a good thing Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Random movie player plugin or script0