TV Out support on IPad 1 yet for Movies? HD Support?
Hi All,

I just got an IPad 1 and was excited to see XBMC was available for it. I have been using this since the XBOX days.

Now I have a couple of quick question.

1- Is there any HDMI out support for Movies yet? When I try it, my screen flickers and I have no picture. I have sound, but no picture.

I have tried to use Display out, but I don't think it really looks that great with Display out. It is too pixelated.

2- Are HD movies support yet on this yet? I tried a 720p xvid encode of a movie and it buffered quiet a bit. Is that normal?

I am running IOS 4.3.3 and XBMC-iOS 10.0-7.

Thanks.
alucard77 Wrote:2- Are HD movies support yet on this yet? I tried a 720p xvid encode of a movie and it buffered quiet a bit. Is that normal?

I am running IOS 4.3.3 and XBMC-iOS 10.0-7.

Thanks.

720p xvid will always only use software accel so that is norm, but if you want HD support for x264/h264 at least you'll need to use a nightly.
Do any of the nightlies have Movie TV Out support?

Also, where can the nightlies be grabbed from. Sorry for my ignorance. Is it an automatic install/update through Cydia or do I manually copy the files over to the IPad?

Thanks for the response.
alucard77 Wrote:Do any of the nightlies have Movie TV Out support?

Also, where can the nightlies be grabbed from. Sorry for my ignorance. Is it an automatic install/update through Cydia or do I manually copy the files over to the IPad?

Thanks for the response.

Read the stickies on this forum. Im unsure about movie tv out support since I only have an atv2.
I don't believe the stickies cover this issue. People will say to use a TV mirror out app, but that's not actual video out support that iOS can provide. The last thread I saw about this was moved to "off-topic" despite it being an XBMC app specific issue. I know the devs have a lot on their plates and are doing this in their spare time, but I have yet to hear anything at all about supporting actual true video out. If XBMC supports that then iPhones, ipads, and ipods can support 720 output via the new HDMI adapter, instead of being limited to the screen resolution (non-retina) that you are with using something like TV Out 2.

I know iPhone/iPod gets less attention because more people are likely to use an ipad or an ATV, but using the small screen devices + video out basically makes it the ATV2 in your pocket. That would be very awesome.
Not having an iPad, but iPod Touch 4G, and with the app 'Display Out' and the Apple HDMI-cable it works, kind of. The output quality of the GUI is the same as on the iPod, 480x320 I think, and so is the Movie-quality, also very low.
YouTube although is relatively good-quality, as on the ATV.
belcampo Wrote:Not having an iPad, but iPod Touch 4G, and with the app 'Display Out' and the Apple HDMI-cable it works, kind of. The output quality of the GUI is the same as on the iPod, 480x320 I think, and so is the Movie-quality, also very low.
YouTube although is relatively good-quality, as on the ATV.

"Retina" support and/or true video out (which will be up to 720 on most devices XBMC runs on, and 1080 on future iOS devices) would be a very welcome sight. Although if we could get an SD skin working on the current builds then the UI wouldn't look so bad, even at 480x320.

Crossing fingers and being patient :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Out support on IPad 1 yet for Movies? HD Support?0