XBMC and sickbeard
can sickbeard somehow update my XBMC HTPC while being in standby? Can I share the xbmc database or something? I dont like having to have my xbmc on 24/7. any ideas?
As far as I know sb does not update the xbmc database. Sounds like you need to sort out what you want to do.
Yes it does!

You can set Sickbeard to send a request to XBMC to update the particular show after it completes its Download/metadata request!

If your machine is in standby though, I don't think it can receive the Sickbeard request.

I have replaced my HTPC with ATV2's and they are permanently on, so the request always goes through!
Quote:You can set Sickbeard to send a request to XBMC to update the particular show after it completes its Download/metadata request!
Well, that is not updating the db => it does not help to share the database.

Quote:If your machine is in standby though, I don't think it can receive the Sickbeard request.
That is a pretty safe assumption.
Basically you need Sickbeard to support wake-on-lan, then send xbmc.updatelibrary followed by a xbmc.suspend (to sleep the XBMC box again).

Sickbeard afaik doesn't support wake-on-lan yet so request it here (or somewhere on their forums):
http://sickbeard.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2464
Quote:Basically you need Sickbeard to support wake-on-lan, then send xbmc.updatelibrary followed by a xbmc.suspend (to sleep the XBMC box again).

I think it shouldnt be to hard to add wake on LAN, BUT do you really need that? Is it not better to skip the sb=>xbmc update and have xbmc to check the lib when staring up?

You solution will be complicated if you add go back to sleep...since the script will run many times...and except the obv issue of going up and down 5 times in 5 minutes I also think you will get issue from "wake on lan" during "going to sleep" and "already awake" => "nope now he is gone again"
vikjon0 Wrote:I think it shouldnt be to hard to add wake on LAN, BUT do you really need that? Is it not better to skip the sb=>xbmc update and have xbmc to check the lib when staring up?
For me I have OpenELEC update the db on wake, I don't know why one would need to update the XBMC database while sleeping.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC and sickbeard0