clean library on startup
Question 
I am sure that this has already been answered, but I sincerely could not find it doing searches, there were so many unrelated questions linked to the seraches I did. So please don't chew me a new one.

How do you set xbmc to actually clean the library automatically as you do with the new content that gets scanned?
cleanonupdate via advancedsettings.xml
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

Ardalista Wrote:cleanonupdate via advancedsettings.xml

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...library.3E

Setting this to true means XBMC will clean the library whenever it does an update. You can configure XBMC to update at startup from System settings, Video, Library. However exercise a bit of caution as if, for example, your NAS is offline when you start XBMC the clean will delete from the library everything that is on the NAS.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...library.3E

Setting this to true means XBMC will clean the library whenever it does an update. You can configure XBMC to update at startup from System settings, Video, Library. However exercise a bit of caution as if, for example, your NAS is offline when you start XBMC the clean will delete from the library everything that is on the NAS.

JR

Oh thansk for telling me, I didn't think of that issue. too bad xbmc can't probe to see if the path is just gone or if the path just don't reply at all. maybe should build in some kind of ping at the start of the process, alternatively a ping before every entry.
creepwood Wrote:Oh thansk for telling me, I didn't think of that issue. too bad xbmc can't probe to see if the path is just gone or if the path just don't reply at all. maybe should build in some kind of ping at the start of the process, alternatively a ping before every entry.

The problem is that with a network source there's no difference between "the path is just gone or if the path just don't reply at all". All XBMC knows is that it can't open the source. Until we get the clairvoyant add-on working the only safe option is not to have cleaning run automatically at times that might be dangerous.

A thought strikes me: I wonder if we could write a database backup add-on to automatically backup the database at some suitable frequency. I'll give the matter some thought.

JR
Quote:Until we get the clairvoyant add-on working the only safe option is not to have cleaning run automatically at times that might be dangerous.
Not sure if clairvoyant is needed, it is enough to to check that source top level path is available before clear?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
clean library on startup0