Stuttering DVD File playback over SMB
Big Grin 
Hi,

Have just set set up we are using Windows Home server and running on AppleTV2 and are experiencing the problem there was a previous ticket on this subject but was closed because the fault could not be repeated has anyone experienced this and found a solution.
Is this a ripped DVD that you have on the server? What file format is it in?

Yes ripped from an original DVD using disk image it only seems to happen on these movies.
I would try another program to rip .ISO's and maybe another file like .mkv.

Give this a try. http://www.dvdfab.com/hd-decrypter.htm Free and has been around for a while.

I would try Makemkv too and see how the results go. Free also.
http://makemkv.com/

Dennisr Wrote:Hi,

Have just set set up we are using Windows Home server and running on AppleTV2 and are experiencing the problem there was a previous ticket on this subject but was closed because the fault could not be repeated has anyone experienced this and found a solution.
can it playback the same dvd file from the desktop okay?
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Question 
We are using WHS 2011 and running My Movies on it to rip the DVDs in an ISO format so XBMC can play them back. As the My Movies has a known error when it tries to rip DVDs and convert them as Mpeg. The problem I'm having is when you open a DVD in XBMC thats a genuine DVD the DVD menu stutters and does not play smoothly. The start of the movie is the same. You can skip the first chapter of the movie and then play it again from the start of the movie and it plays back fine. When XBMC starts to open the DVD at the top of the screen it shows the buffer progress. It only gets to i think about 94% then starts to play the DVD would this have something to do with it ? I have tried all the settings in XBMC and have had no luck. We are running 3 apple tv2's and each one does the same thing. We have brand new Cat-5 cable all tested and are running a Gigabit switch between the apple TV's and the server. Oo
We cant check it as the dvds are ripped as an ISO :-(
Ok, it sounds like you are mounting a dvd in the computer? I don't understand.
I would try ripping with software then streaming the fill. You might need to try other ripping software.

Dennisr Wrote:We cant check it as the dvds are ripped as an ISO :-(
to rule out server issue, can you try to playback some movie iso using usb external drive?

if you still having problem playback iso file from external drive, you can try other softwar to re-rip the movie- anydvd hd and dvdfab are two good softwares and both come with free trial period.
Do you mean try a portable USB drive encase its the internal drive ? all drives in the server are brand new. Also we can play movies back on the apple tv that have been downloaded of the internet without any problem and can also play DVDs the customer has recorded from a DVD recorder. The genuine movies are the only ones we have an issue with when playing the dvd menu and also playing the start of the movie. If you skip to the next chapter of the movie it starts to play back fine. If i then skip back to the first chapter of the dvd it plays back fine. This is the strange thing. Im almost 100% sure the fault is within the XBMC on the apple tv. this is the product we are using to rip the dvds with and get meta data for XBMC http://www.mymovies.dk
Dennisr Wrote:Do you mean try a portable USB drive encase its the internal drive ?
yes, that is the external drive i referred to!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuttering DVD File playback over SMB0