USB File manager
Hi Guys,

I'm running two installs of XBMC, One for my main house and the second in my rented apartment (I'm a Paramedic stationed away from home..)

My wife loves XBMC and uses it alot but isn't I.T savy so when i'm home i usally have to transfer any new files from my portable HDD to her system , sometimes I'm only home for the day and mightn't get a chance to do this and I'm wondering is there a way that before i get home transfer a couple of files to a USB key, so my wife could from the menu system transfer them to the local drive without having to exit XBMC i.e a file manager add-on ?

I know it wouldnt be that hard to get her to exit xbmc and do it thru the desktop but you know how hard it is to convince your better half that XBMC rules and it's not a computer its a way of life!

Hope this makes sense and posted in the right section!

Will
You could write a Python script to copy files off a USB key, assuming there is some formula for working out where the files need to go. Then you can run the script from the Programs menu.

JR
XBMC is equiped with a filemanager, how you reach it from your skin is dependent on the skin. Default skin is via press right on system IIRC in home
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USB File manager0