Issues starting XBMC after Installing XBMC-Live
I downloaded the iso from the XBMC website, burnt it onto a cd, and put it into my other machine. I then ran the installer, set the username to "james". When it rebooted, it showed "XBMC Media Center" with 4 dots flashing on and off under it, and then moved to a command line, asking for login (username and password), and then after I did that left me at the command line, and didn't boot xbmc.

Is this supposed to happen, and if so how do I boot XBMC itself.
Hello; just jumping aboard your thread, having the same issue. Did check and it says XBMC is 'job is already running: xbmc-live' but have no idea how to get to it.
BadBoyJh Wrote:I downloaded the iso from the XBMC website, burnt it onto a cd, and put it into my other machine. I then ran the installer, set the username to "james". When it rebooted, it showed "XBMC Media Center" with 4 dots flashing on and off under it, and then moved to a command line, asking for login (username and password), and then after I did that left me at the command line, and didn't boot xbmc.

Is this supposed to happen, and if so how do I boot XBMC itself.
95% of the time this issue is related to video drivers....so a bit more info on the video card and system may help Wink
Wozza
The video card is a:
NVidia Geforce4 MX 4000
and I am using the composite output, although I can now revert it to what it came with.

The computer is my old Acer Aspire that still runs pretty well, I may throw in some extra RAM soon though if I need to.
You can find all the specs here:
http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/deskto...0sp2.shtml

However its DVD drive doesn't work, and has been removed, but I have a replacement CD drive which I have been using. Its a pretty scrappy computer to be using, but I can't afford much better Sad
BadBoyJh Wrote:The video card is a:
NVidia Geforce4 MX 4000
and I am using the composite output, although I can now revert it to what it came with.

The computer is my old Acer Aspire that still runs pretty well, I may throw in some extra RAM soon though if I need to.
You can find all the specs here:
http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/deskto...0sp2.shtml

However its DVD drive doesn't work, and has been removed, but I have a replacement CD drive which I have been using. Its a pretty scrappy computer to be using, but I can't afford much better Sad
Hi
Pretty sure/certain that video card wont cut it with the current ver of xbmc

From the Wiki
NVIDIA GeForce 6-Series and newer supported, GeForce 8-Series and newer recommended.

Wozza
I've got an 8400GS card & i'm getting the same thing after install.
I get the same thing when trying to run it live also.
Nitrogen_Widget Wrote:I've got an 8400GS card & i'm getting the same thing after install.
I get the same thing when trying to run it live also.

Try the instructions found here to generate a new xorg.conf and see if that fixes it.
Thank you so much.
I will give it a try tonight if I have time.
I put in a few hrs last night trying a few updates & re-installs of drivers & nothing worked.

However, i'm sort of a linux newbie so i was really just following instructions without actually knowing what I was doing.

Plus, I didn't know what terms to search for.
Does that apply to me too? Is there Anything I can do. Its hard to tell because that.....*something rude that I won't post on a forum that under 18s might visit*....hijacked my thread rather than post one of his own.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues starting XBMC after Installing XBMC-Live0