XBMC as Website UI - Hosted
Question 
Good evening,

I have been meaning to ask this question for a long time since I am working on finding the proper pieces to finalize my media puzzle.

I am trying to get XBMC as my UI on a website. The media files are to be hosted on Amazon S3. Plex should also be hosted on whatever servers it may need.

What I am trying to do is create a website which acts exactly like the boxee box, without any hardware, to showcase video content that I will link, on all platforms via a domain/URL.

I am desperately looking for answers!

Thanks for your help everyone
I think your desperately looking for answers in the wrong place. Neither Plex or Boxee are supported here. They both share xbmc's code base but thats just about it. Don't think your going to get much help here.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
My mistake, I edited the post. I meant I want to use XBMC...
You're trying to make Youtube but with a pretty UI?
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Have a look at the YouTube add-on for ideas.

I would look at writing an HTTP API to retrieve the files from your web server and writing an XBMC add-on to supply the user interface. This is exactly what the YouTube add-on does.

JR
No, I think he wants to run XBMC in a browser. Which, of course, can't be done.
Ned Scott Wrote:No, I think he wants to run XBMC in a browser. Which, of course, can't be done.

Why couldn't it be done as a custom webapp retrieving files from external servers?
Something like http://www.youtube.com/leanback would also work... Anyone know of anything like that for my own site?

I would rather use xbmc to make it prettier Smile
well honestly, if I were you, I would have a closer look on the plexmediaserver especially the webfrontend .. they basically supply everything you need ... all you would need to do is customize the webfrontend to your linkings and you are all set ... the frontend has everything, working backend with scraping functionality and stuff as well as all required APIs in place to supply the content, even to a mobile including re-encoding ...

the UI however would be something you would need to develop but everything they supply is more than a good point to start off from
Oragroup - you can't run the XBMC skins themselves in a webbrowser - you would need to create your own webinterface for this or search the repositories for a webinterface that suites your needs. IIRC there is one that looks like the Confluence skin, and there is also this "Media Companion" (search the forum for it) which seems to be a standalone php interface to a remote XBMC installation.
ORAGROUP Wrote:Why couldn't it be done as a custom webapp retrieving files from external servers?

With a lot of work you could simulate the appearance of XBMC, even have it access the video library metadata, but it wouldn't be XBMC.
arent those just for management? I thought what he wanted is a XBMC like webui that has streaming capabilities, so he can host an install but stream via http/rtsp or whatever, so somthing like mediatomb, connecting to the xbmc upnp with a modified mediatomb webui or something like that ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC as Website UI - Hosted0