TV Shows Scraping in Russian on Eden?
So here's a new one I noticed yesterday adding new episodes to a couple of TV series. I've been ripping my DVDs slowly so I added a new season of It's Always Sunny, which I added to my library after the Eden upgrade. For some reason it scraped them in Russian. I went into the settings for the source, double-checked that it was scraping from TheTVDB (it was), went to TheTVDB.com and found that there isn't even a Russian language listing for It's Always Sunny. OK, strange.

This morning I added the new episode of BBC's Sherlock. Scraped in English just fine.

Then I added some new South Park episodes I ripped last night. Scraped them all in Russian. I went into the settings for the source folder again - found that for some reason the default language for the source was changed to RU, which must have happened when I upgraded to Eden. Changed it back to English, removed the Russian-scraped episodes from my library, and re-added. Still scraped them in Russian. I tried quitting out of XBMC, removing them from the library, and trying again - still the same problem.

Any idea why my TV folder suddenly seems intent on defecting to Mother Russia? Would a debug log be useful here at all since this technically doesn't seem to be an error?

This is Eden Confluence on a Win 7 system if that matters at all.
I solved this. When I installed Eden and it changed my default language to Russian, it fixed the episode guide API source from TheTVDB.com to the Russian version, not the EN version. I edited the NFO file to the /EN/ file rather than /RU/, removed the shows from the library, then re-added them and it worked fine.

So the error was that installing Eden somehow set my TV drive source's default language to Russian, and new TV shows I added since then were scraping in Russian. Problem solved!
Glad to hear.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows Scraping in Russian on Eden?0