My xbmc keeps waking my suspended hard drives why? Help
Hi all

I have 4 normal hard drives and one SSD hard drive, I have xbmc and all it's folders installed and library on the SSD and all my movies and tvshows on the normal hard drives.

Now when I watch a tvshow or movie 3 out of the 4 hard drives go into sleep mode which is right as I have this setup like that . The problem is when I finish watching the movie or tv show and start looking into my tvshows or movies library I can hear all the harddrives wake up, why ?

I thought since all the library info is on the SSD harddrive the storage drives would not wake up until I play that movie or tvshow that is stored on that drive.

Can anyone help me ?

Also has anyone who has there drives setup to go into suspend mode noticed that sometimes when you watch a show it can cause a pausing effect on the drive that is awake ? I don't know if it's xbmc starting up another drive from sleep causing this

Thanks for any help on these 2 matters

Cheers
Any help on this as I can not figure out how to only let xbmc access the library without starting up the suspended hds

Cheers
it still needs to be ready to play the movie, so it spins them up
meridius Wrote:Any help on this as I can not figure out how to only let xbmc access the library without starting up the suspended hds

Cheers

I believe it's XBMC looking for local media related thumbnails such as folder.jpg, fanart etc. Even if you don't have any it doesn't no that unless it looks and it can't look unless the drive spins up. Then again..I may be wrong which wouldn't be the first time.
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
ah ok thanks for that

what about this

Also has anyone who has there drives setup to go into suspend mode noticed that sometimes when you watch a show it can cause a pausing effect on the drive that is awake ? I don't know if it's xbmc starting up another drive from sleep causing this

do you knkow if this is casuing the problem i might and try the suspend off and see what happens but just wanted to know if anyone had this

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My xbmc keeps waking my suspended hard drives why? Help0