XBMC won't connect to Mac
New to this so excuse if I don't get everything right. I've installed XBMC on ATV2 using ATV Flash 1.2. Software version on the ATV is 4.4.4. XBMC is 11.0 Beta1, GIT: 20111222-22ad8e4. My problems is I can't get XBMC to find my Mac running Snow Leopard OS 10.6.8 so I can't add any media stored on the Mac or on attached Firewire drive. The Share files and folders using AFP and SMB are both checked on the Mac. When trying to add video source in XBMC, I've tried selecting SMB with no results. I read on one of the forums to use Zeroconfig to browse to find a source. When I selected it, three items show up. One is my iTunes Library name with a note that it is for music and the other two items are the Mac computer name, one with AFP and one with SMB after computer name. But I've tried selecting each item and nothing happens.

I'd appreciate any guidance on how to get XBMC to connect with my computer and the external media drive so I can add my movies.
Need xbmc.log: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...og_for_iOS
Tried again to access Mac on local network. Previously, XBMC reported no internet connection but now I don't get that error. The source reported by Zeroconfig that I selected, IsisMac (AFP), now appears in the Video as a source but selecting it does not bring up any other directories or allow me to go any sub-directories or drives where I have movies stored. Per your instructions, here is the log file for my most recent effort - http://pastebin.com/fL255ETC.

I previously have tried identifying my Mac on the network as a source and entering its IP address, my user name and password. XBMC reported it could not connect. This attempt is not reflected in the log above. I could try this again with the log enabled if that would also help resolve this problem.

Question: Assuming I can get XBMC to connect with my Mac, must the movies be on the computer's hard drive or can they be stored on an attached USB drive? They are currently on an attached drive. There are too many for my computer's HD.

Question: I have XBMC on my Mac and love it. The opportunity to run the program on the ATV2 was one of the main reasons for getting the device. XBMC has no problem finding my drives and even lists the USB drive as a media source. Why doesn't XBMC on the ATV2 act similarly and easily identify available drives on the local network?
Horace Kindler Wrote:Question: I have XBMC on my Mac and love it. The opportunity to run the program on the ATV2 was one of the main reasons for getting the device. XBMC has no problem finding my drives and even lists the USB drive as a media source. Why doesn't XBMC on the ATV2 act similarly and easily identify available drives on the local network?

because some users just manage to configure their servers wrong - now way to handle that one in software...

So for using zeroconf you have to allow everyone or guest access on your afp share. Else you have to add the share manually in xbmc and provide username and password. you can do this by using that example:

Code:
afp://username:password@ipofthemac/nameoffolder

Code:
14:01:45 T:116621312 * ERROR: LIBAFPCLIENT: Could not pick a matching UAM.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Quote:Posted by Memphiz

So for using zeroconf you have to allow everyone or guest access on your afp share

Everyone or Guest has Read access to File Sharing. Should this permission be Read:Write?

Quote: Posted by Memphiz

Else you have to add the share manually in xbmc and provide username and password. you can do this by using that example:

Code:

afp://username:password@ipofthemac/nameoffolder

Please explain how I can add this code manually to xbmc. And since my media folder is located on an attached USB drive, what do I put in place of "nameoffolder"?
Sorry to drag up an old thread but im having exactly the same problems ... is there any solution ?
roryhammond Wrote:Sorry to drag up an old thread but im having exactly the same problems ... is there any solution ?

I guess not judging from the lack of response to our inquiries. We seem to be on our own here. If you find a solution, I'd appreciate hearing about it. Same here if I come up with something. Doesn't look promising however.

Perhaps a private message is in order to share details - except I'm not clear how to initiate that process. Are you familiar with it?
You have to add this to the sources.xml file that is located on the ATV2. For the attached drive it would be just the volume of the drive, e.g. if the drive was named "test" and then the folder in it was "media" it would be:

afp://username:password@ipofthemac/nameoffdrive/name of folder

so

afp://username:password@ipofthemac/test/media
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC won't connect to Mac0