Hauppage remote stopped working
Hi all,

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right sub forum as this may not be a native XBMC problem but maybe somebody knows what to do.

I've been using XBMC for quite a while now and I enjoy it extremely.
My HTPC setup is: Windows 7 64bit 3.0GHz pentium dual, 3 GB RAM, 2.0 & 1,5 Terrabyte disk and a geforce I don't know what display adapter, it does the trick.

Via my home network I stream audio and video files to some older computers that are running linux XBMC and my wifes laptop which runs windows 7 32 bit.

All that is fine. I have been using the Haupage wintv remote controller with the usb e-home adapter that came with the remote. Since yesterday the remote won't work anymore. Well actually, it still works but my computer(s) won't respond to it. The red LED in the e-home receive lights up when I press a (any) button on the remote controller, I can clearly see the infra-red LED light up when filming it with a digital camera so that all seems to work.

I plugged the e-home reciever in my laptop (also running win 7 64BIT) and immediately it started to install drivers but also my laptop won't respond to any key I press on the remote (I should at least be able to use volume up and down on this remote in the windows environment).

To test my remote I downloaded this program which enables me to assign certain functionality to a (any) remote controller used for a HTPC. And stupidly enough this program registeres keystrokes on my remote, so it should be working fine but still windows won't respond to it.

Does anyone have any clue where I should start looking? If it would only be the htpc which wouldn't work with the remote the answer would be clear, and if the remote would be broken as well but those are not the case, also I have windows update disables so it can't be that either.

Thanks in advance for any leads!
Grab Showkey from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/ and use this to check what keypress your remote is sending.

What, if anything, have you done to configure the remote? Have you used Eventghost or anything similar?

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hauppage remote stopped working0