AMD 6670 HD Audio problems
Ok I feel like this is an easy fix but I cant for the life of me figure it out

Installed a 6670 graphics and using HDMI as sound to my receiver

Its only showing 2 channel in the HDMI properties. Not 8 channel so I can only get PCM not HD audio

The speaker configuration only shows stereo

Latest drivers yes,
Is this how you connect it.....HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via 2 HDMI cables? Did you select AMD HDMI output in control panel\hardware&sound\sound\playback device? Did you select the correct HDMI input in your AVR configuration? Did you select the correct HDMI input in your HDTV configuration?
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Let me try to explain again. I was using a Nvidia HD240 and everthing works fine. Pulled the card. Put in the new AMD 6670. Installed drivers. Fired it up. Everything works but only as PCM. Not getting DTS 5.1

Check the sound properties in Windows 7 64. Primary sound HDMI HD audio. Right click properties Supported formats 2 channel only. It should say 8 channel. Configure speakers only says stereo. Surround is grayed out

I had another AMD card did the same thing so Im doing something wrong. The Nvidia card showed 8 channel, the onboard HDMI graphics showed 8 channel. I don't get it

This is exactly whats going on And under the speaker set up it only shows "stereo"
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1374153/radeon...s-via-hdmi
Have you try the latest AMD 12.6-

AMD Catalystâ„¢ Display Driver
for Windows Vista/Windows 7 64-bit

If that still doesn't work, you might want to try Realtek HD Audio Codecs- High Definition Audio Codecs.....
Yes I tried the latest Catalyst. I dont see how updating the Realtek drivers would help but Ill give it a try. I have to go to work now but I try tomorrow
(2012-06-29, 05:02)Jetster Wrote: Yes I tried the latest Catalyst. I dont see how updating the Realtek drivers would help but Ill give it a try. I have to go to work now but I try tomorrow
My HD6450 work fine with the latest AMD 12.6 driver, and I have audio options........

There is nothing to loose to try Realtek......if it doesn't work, you can always un-instal it.....good luck!

FIXED....FIXED...FIXED

I had a few minutes so i looked at the Realtek downloads and Bingo!!!!! ATI HDMI audio Device!!! Third one down

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/down...Down=false

Download and install...WORKS Thanks Bluray

I think I didnt install the Realtek HD drivers because I wasn't using the On board audio. And the Nvidia card work fine as well as the Onboard graphics had 8 channel without them. Anyway odd that Realtek has a ATI driver on there site and not AMD. I looked all over AMD site for a fix

Laugh
(2012-06-29, 07:05)Jetster Wrote: I had a few minutes so i looked at the Realtek downloads and Bingo!!!!! ATI HDMI audio Device!!! Third one down

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/down...Down=false

Download and install...WORKS Thanks Bluray

I think I didnt install the Realtek HD drivers because I wasn't using the On board audio. And the Nvidia card work fine as well as the Onboard graphics had 8 channel without them

Laugh
It's not just you.....I know several guys in here that could not get their GPU to work with GPU driver, and they got it to work with Realtek.....

It's good to know that it work for you too.....Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMD 6670 HD Audio problems0