[Patch] Cuda codec added to dvdplayer for Windows
Nevcairel as all the credits behind this. I just took the lavfilter cuda source and integrated it into xbmc.
It took me around 4 hours to get it there and it's already almost done.
Accelerated Mpeg4 part 2(divx/xvid)
h264, vc1 and mpeg2 need some modification in order to work properly
All the others need some modification to be able to work. But i won't do it this is why i am releasing the code to see if anyone is interested in completing it.
The way the buffering is done his wrong. It need a better way to store buffer something like what crystalhd does. Cuda use a asynchronous callback to render the video frame.
Its not a big integration its just some files added with 7 or 8 lines added in xbmc core
http://pastebin.com/atAmU3pM
I won't provide a build for this but if someone want to do it go ahead.
If you have problem compiling it just ask i will help
Fixed h264

apply the patch from the first post
and extract those modification
http://www.mediafire.com/?v9995bgibsatmsh
extract this in XBMC\xbmc\cores\dvdplayer\DVDCodecs\Video
and overwrite
What benefits does this offer? A quick google seems to show a number of cuda thingies - do you have a good reference link for the curious?
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
The only difference with the current xbmc dxva2 implementation is that it support mpeg4 part 2(divx xvid).
cool! tiben do you know if mpeg4 part 2 is supported through dxva on AMD chips? The most popular Fusion chips have UVD3 so theoretically capable of hardware decoding DivX XviD.
i know that of course but the problem is i already tried to add dxva2 mpeg4 part 2 into ffmpeg. And the documentation might be wrong. The first call to get buffer to the idirectxvideodecoder, the one where you set the picture parameters. The buffer size is always lower than the size of the structure given in the documentation they gave. So unless i find out why it is doing that i can't make it work for amd chip.
Hi

@tiben20 - great work! Is possible to add cuda to linux? I hope this project will be added to the master repository.
Keep work!
Won't be done for linux. This codec is the equivalency of vdpau but for windows
Hmm... I have thought that the cuda using cores of gpu to decoding video. I didn't notice it when I have been using of vdpau - the cpu has been using all time.
Will it work for XP? Might be useful for all those clinging to the past.
It should already be working under xp. Your just not able to use it with the opengl version of xbmc. But an opengl version can added easily

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Patch] Cuda codec added to dvdplayer for Windows1