Linux Ubuntu Audio Issues
Hey all.

I'm having an issue with the audio in Ubuntu 12.10 with Frodo. the audio works fine or it doesn't. This is the situation.

When Ubuntu first loads up, the audio in XBMC doesn't work. I don't have the S/PDIF options showing in the CBMC Audio settings. Only the HDMI Out or SoundPulse options are available. If I close XBMC and then restart it, it shows up and the audio works fine. However, once its working in XBMC, if I minimize XBMC and pull up say Youtube, I have no audio on videos in Youtube, but Audio still works in XBMC. To get the audio working again for Youtube I have to close down XBMC. Its almost as if XBMC's audio engine is completely taking over the Ubuntu sound device and denies access to it from anything else in the OS.

Any ideas on what this could be?
HTPC - i3-3240 Processor | Asus P8H77-I Mobo | 8 GB PC3 12800 DDR3 | 60 GB SSD | Windows 8.1 w/ XBMC Frodo
NAS Server - Dual Xeon E5440 Quad Core | 32 GB DDR2 ECC | 4 X 2TB Western Digital RED | RAIDz | FreeNAS
Xbmc plus pulse is a pain. If you don't need pulse then ditch it.

Also frodo does hod audio. 13 alpha doesn't. You could use it from the wsnipex repo.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Is there any sort of work around on this? It seems as though PulseAudio is well engraved into Ubuntu.
HTPC - i3-3240 Processor | Asus P8H77-I Mobo | 8 GB PC3 12800 DDR3 | 60 GB SSD | Windows 8.1 w/ XBMC Frodo
NAS Server - Dual Xeon E5440 Quad Core | 32 GB DDR2 ECC | 4 X 2TB Western Digital RED | RAIDz | FreeNAS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ubuntu Audio Issues0