strm file based of youtube links
Hi,
Within xbmc can I play youtube videos using a strm file. If so how do I create a strm file with youtube links.

I tried doing the following

I created a file called test.strm and added the following url to it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDegcHZFOQI

but it doesn't work.
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid=eDegcHZFOQI

Put that in a .strm and it should play.

Note the "Videoid=" section - and just add any videoid you want to that format.
I tried using the suggested link but I got the following error and video doesn't play

19:32:36 T:5104 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid=eDegcHZFOQI]

Also I want to know how can put multiple strm links in one strm file. I also want each strm link to have a user friendly name and if possible have an icon

Any info provided will be appreciated.

thanks
(2013-03-22, 03:22)sarosh Wrote: I tried using the suggested link but I got the following error and video doesn't play

19:32:36 T:5104 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid=eDegcHZFOQI]

Also I want to know how can put multiple strm links in one strm file. I also want each strm link to have a user friendly name and if possible have an icon

Any info provided will be appreciated.

thanks

That works for me...just tested it - it's an XBMC Eden setup video. All that does is use the YouTube plugin as the resolver for the video id. It should work...

Make sure your YouTube plugin is functional. There's a patch available for it in the YouTube thread.

As far as I know - you cannot put multiple links inside the same stream file. You're better off just adding them to a playlist.

To make your .strm file have an icon and friendly name - you need to create an .nfo file for it.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFO_files
Thanks fellows, after updating the youtube plugin. strm file worked for me now. Now can someone kind please answer second questions too. How do I create strm file with multiple feed links which are identifiable by userfriendly name.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
strm file based of youtube links0