Linux XBMC Frodo not reading NFO
Question 
I have just come across an issue with my XBMC. I am running Ubuntu 12.04 and XBMC Frodo 12.2. I have also got MediaElch installed. I have just gone and updated several movies (MPAA classifications and sets).

When I completed the changes I checked the movie NFO and they included the correct information. But when I start XBMC the MPAA classification has been updated but not the movie sets. I have tried both scrapers (TheMovieDB and the Universal scraper) with both scrapers pulling the correct information.

Example :
GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra and G.I. Joe : Retaliation are listed individually in XBMC (not in the set)
The NFO for both movies are correct and list the movies as being part of the set called "G.I. Joe (Live-action series)" - example <set>G.I. Joe (Live-action series)</set>

How can I get my XBMC to correctly list all movies in their correct sets (where applicable) ?Huh
Did you update the NFO files after the movies had been scanned into the library? If so, you'll need to refresh them (either individually or by group): http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...he_library
Have you enabled "Group movies in sets" in Settings -> Videos -> Library?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi there, and thanks for your replies.

I have ensured the "Group movies in sets" is active - this has been the case from the first day I unstalled XBMC Big Grin

I have tried doing a "Refresh" of the movies as well as deleting them individually, and re-adding it but it still shows the wrong info.

Tonight i'll delete the entire source from XBMC, run a cleanup and re-add the source. Hopefully it will work (fingers crossed)
You could try querying your media library before you blow it away - try:

Code:
./texturecache.py query movies 'set != ""'

to see if your media library has any set information - the above query will display all movies with their corresponding set, or nothing if indeed you have no sets in which case check your NFOs are formatted correctly.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks Milhouse,
I tried the code and sets are configured.

Thanks Ned,
I blew away my collection and re-added to source and most of the changes are showing up correctly. So I now understand I have to modify the movies in ME, delete the library from XBMC, run clean of the library then run an update. I am happy now I have a solution, and can do the mods or updates in batches

Cheers
(2013-07-10, 16:00)Ozpeg Wrote: Thanks Milhouse,
I tried the code and sets are configured.

In that case it would have been nice to try and understand what your problem was before you blew away the library...

(2013-07-10, 16:00)Ozpeg Wrote: Thanks Ned,
So I now understand I have to modify the movies in ME, delete the library from XBMC, run clean of the library then run an update.

That's the thing, you don't have to do that at all. Refreshing (or removing/re-adding) a movie NFO that contains a set tag should place that movie in the set; obviously you need more than one movie in a set for the set to show up. Once you have 2 or more movies in a set, they should appear (assuming you have "Group movies..." enabled) in the GUI.

If your media library contains the sets and the sets contains the movies, but you don't see the sets in the GUI, then that is unexpected behaviour. Absolutely no need to delete the library unless it's totally screwed up.
Question 
making my own thread....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Frodo not reading NFO0