NFS or SMB
I am working on a fresh install of xbmc, and am trying to add my shares.
I also have a Boxee Box, which I'm trying to migrate away from. Recently, the Boxee refused to play certain files that I knew were there, did some research, and found out that changing to NFS on my WHS2011 may work, and it did, so I now have SMB and NFS shares available.
Which is better to use?
I tried to add my NFS shares in XMBC, but it won't go into the directories(ie, I try to go into the Videos directory on my server, it lists the server, and the directory, but when I hit enter, nothing happens.)
Any ideas on how to get XMBC to allow me to access the files in my NFS directories?
M
Hehe...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=89310

It even got the same title Wink
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

sorry, i tried searching for nfs, it wouldn't come up in the search since it was too short, and I stopped there.
Thanks
read the nfs wiki link in my signature for finding out what the server needs to be configured like for allowing access from xbmc.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS or SMB0