Usb Hard Drive Question
Hi I have ran into a problem with Leopold's add-on.

I was using it for max USB current just fine.

Now after a journey , my USB drive is clicking away like it isn't getting enough power.

When I go to Leopold's add on , all options including "Configure" are greyed out except for "Uninstall" and "Disable".

I tried disable and uninstall then re-installing , things are still greyed out.

Does anyone know what the problem is , why the add-on seems to have gotten broken? Or am I doing something wrong ? Any help most appreciated.
(2015-04-19, 17:27)24pfreak Wrote: Back OT, I found that setting video acceleration from Hardware to Software seems to make VC1 playback unwatchably stuttery, as if the licence code is not working. Setting it back to Hardware fixes the problem again.

The licence code is irrelevant if you are using software decode for VC-1 as you are using the CPU to decode it not the hardware video decoder (which the licence enables). Pretty certain the Pi 1 doesn't have enough CPU power to decode even SD VC-1 and I suspect the Pi 2 doesn't have for decent bitrate HD stuff.
(2015-12-04, 20:52)24pfreak Wrote: Hi I have ran into a problem with Leopold's add-on.

I was using it for max USB current just fine.

Now after a journey , my USB drive is clicking away like it isn't getting enough power.

When I go to Leopold's add on , all options including "Configure" are greyed out except for "Uninstall" and "Disable".

I tried disable and uninstall then re-installing , things are still greyed out.

Does anyone know what the problem is , why the add-on seems to have gotten broken? Or am I doing something wrong ? Any help most appreciated.

Noggin, thanks but I would really appreciate some help with the issue I have quoted above please if you or anyone could help.
A powered USB hub should certainly help with your current problem.
Ok I will get a mains powered USB HARD DRIVE . I don't have a router or local area network at the moment so hope this will suffice.
(2015-12-06, 13:12)24pfreak Wrote: Ok I will get a mains powered USB HARD DRIVE . I don't have a router or local area network at the moment so hope this will suffice.

So how are you connecting to the internet?
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Usb Hard Drive Question0