Android Key Event code for launching android app with RF remote?
Hey guys,
I have been looking for this question since long time, but no luck..
So thought of asking here in case any of you guys know about this....

I am using android set top box.. dual core and quad core both.. I have various RF airmouse/remote (mele f10 and other varients)

Does any one know the key event I can write for specific key under Generic.kl which can do following things on just key press on remote??

1) launch xbmc or any android app
2) when xbmc is ON, go to home screen directly on xbmc..
3) open subtitle window directly
4) show video info
5) close xbmc

Will appreciate your help guys.. Thanks in advance..
1) The app "External Keyboard Helper" can do this
2) Doesn't your remote have a "Home" button? My rc12 has one.
3/4) Should be possible with a custom keymap.xml. see her
5) Press "s" on your keyboard. That will show the exit dialog.
(2013-10-01, 13:51)phinc Wrote: 1) The app "External Keyboard Helper" can do this
2) Doesn't your remote have a "Home" button? My rc12 has one.
3/4) Should be possible with a custom keymap.xml. see her
5) Press "s" on your keyboard. That will show the exit dialog.

Thanks for your response. Really apprecate.. I have had no luck using any of your suggestions .. I am not able to get keymaps to work with any of my android devices.. I tried in linux.. which works fine.. but in android xbmc doesnt want to work..

And for external keyboard helper , I couldn't find out how to open app with the key press on my remote.. couldn't find any option which will allow me to do that..

And I have home button too but it takes me to android home screen but when xbmc is ON it should take me to xbmc hone screen ..

Any1 having luck with this kind of remote using keymap.xml on android xbmc .. please let Me know .. nothing seems to be working for me Sad
I am using a keyboard.xml file on android and it is working fine. Here is mine: keybord.xml.You have to edit it for your needs. Make sure your file is placed in Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/. Going to XBMC home screen should also work with a line in the keyboard.xml.
The External Keyboard Helper is a little complicated. First go to andvanced settings. Under "Application Shortcuts" you can set codes from A0 to AF for different apps.Then you can assign a button to the desired code in "Customize Keyboard Mappings" by typing the code for your App (e.g. A0) in the scancode field.
Note that the custom buttons you set in external keyboard helper do not work in xbmc for some reason (so you can't start another app when you are in xbmc).
Thanks for providing this.. I am using keycode in keyboard.xml .. I will try using your keyboard.xml and see if it even works with this keys you specified..

and you mean placed at Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/ right? or Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/?

I will try keyboard helper with that A0 to AF code.. I couldnt even make simple things working in external keyboard helper.. Like Mute open settings and stuffs with given codes.. So I didnt know if its even working.. I will dig more into it tonight..

Thanks Will let you know how it goes..thanks for all your help
Yes, Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/ is the right place, sorry.
Make sure External Keyboard Helper is set as default input method, it will not work otherwise.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Key Event code for launching android app with RF remote?0