openELEC HDMI issue
Hello,

I just installed openELEC on a Gigabyte Brix (GB-XM12-3227). It is running on an Intel SSD with 4 GB of ram. The Brix is connected with an HDMI cable to my Sony Bravia KDL-60NX720. When I boot up, I can see the Gigabyte welcoming screen (bios or boot menu) en I see a line of openelec but then the HDMI signal drops.

However, when I hook up the brix with a MiniDisplayPort to HDMI I can get to the home menu of XBMC but of course MiniDisplayPort doesn't transfer sound.

Why is/would my television block my hdmi signal? Other peripherals like PS3 and digital tv set top box work with HDMI.

I've recorded the boot sequence to show the issue, I hope somebody can help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1WoeDRiDTw

Thank you,
Siegbert
Mini DisplayPort does transfer sound. Both should output sound. Check what output device is selected under Settings -> System -> Audio output -> Output device (make sure to check "output device" and not the first "output" entry).
I'll give it a try when I get home. However, I do think I've already tried it.

Also, any idea why HDMI won't work?
Quote: I see a line of openelec but then the HDMI signal drops
How about installing the wrong build...
Intel HD Graphics require the 3.2.4 Intel 64bit build.
Or, have a go at the nightly Gotham builds of Generic 64bit.

Quote:but of course MiniDisplayPort doesn't transfer sound
Excuse me? Mini != no sound...??
You probably have some cable failure somewhere, or maybe even hardware failure?
Test Ubuntu on your Brix, and see if all sounds work.
I did install the Intel x64 build.

Cable failure/hardware failure isn't the case I think, since I have tested with each HDMI cable I have in each available HDMI port in my TV.
I found that making sure the audio output settings were correct in xbmc sorted out my handshake issues.

When i first install xbmc on my setup, i see the bios screen then nothing, have to keep changing inputs randomly on my avr to get it to do a handshake again, thens its all good.

Once i made sure the audio ouput device settings were right in xbmc i have had no problems. Its almost like when xbmc starts up it resends whatever data is need do do a new handshake. ( makes sense to me )

Matt
Main - LG - OLED65CX6LA 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV - Yamaha RXV383 - N2plus running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
BedRoom - Panasonic DX-700 UHD TV - N2 running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
Server - debian based 10TB Media Server 
@ned, thank you! It was indeed due to an audio output setting. Now I can finally enjoy my setup.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
openELEC HDMI issue0