Struggling to update to Kodi
I have a Gotham build of openelec and I am attempting to update it to Kodi but really struggling.

I can see my Pi on 192.169.0.6 and ssh into it just fine.

I can't however get into the file browser through windows 7 so i can place the correct files into the .Update folder.
I just end up at some kind of XBMC front end in my browser window instead. Putting the IP into windows explorer just opens firefox with another XBMC window.

Any ideas anyone?

Furthermore, why don't it just update to version 5 automaticallyHuhHuhHuhHuh??
Have you tried SFTP into the Pi?
That is how I transfer files from my Windows PC to the various Pi units I have.
If FTP is not enabled you can do so through PuTTY (SSH) into the Pi.
Bo Berglund
Sweden
Solved!

Used a program called WINscp which allows you to connect using SSH FTP. Smile

Works a treat!
(2015-01-19, 16:59)BUGGERLUGZ Wrote: I just end up at some kind of XBMC front end in my browser window instead. Putting the IP into windows explorer just opens firefox with another XBMC window.

This would be because you're entering the plain IP address into File Explorer, which redirects to your browser because Windows thinks it's an internet address.

Type "\\192.168.0.6" instead into File Explorer - note the two backward slashes, which ensure the IP address is treated as a UNC by Windows, and not an internet address.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
thats what i thought, but wierdly \\192.168.0.6 did the same thing.
Have you got the SMB (Samba) service enabled on your Pi?

Does the Pi appear under the network drop-down menu in Windows Explorer (normally in the left hand pane, near to the bottom of the list)?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Struggling to update to Kodi0