Help!
First, I want to say thank you to the Kodi people for a great job. I enjoy what you've done.

The problem:
I've got an M8 and have enjoyed all that comes with it. Loaded 14.2 the other day and all was well... i unplugged the unit recently and when i plugged everything back in, kodi was gone from my box. Not sure what happened.
I tried loading kodi back onto the box via web browser. When I downloaded what was supposed to be the .apk, it ended up being a txt file. When I downloaded it from my computer and put it on the usb stick everything went well until it said XApp not installed.

Any help would do. Thanks in advance
Have you attempted to install Kodi by downloading it in a web browser that is running directly on the Android box?
Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes I've tried and when I click on the ARM my box downloads a txt file opposed to the apk file. Not sure what the problem with that is.
One thing I forgot to mention before... when kodi disappeared from the box, youtube and netflix began loading. Funny thing about that was i was still logged ino my accounts when i opened them.
I believe the recent fix was to rename the file as .apk instead of .txt. Could it be that if you don't have outside sources enabled, Chrome or Web browser does this to further prevent your installing outside apps? Or something equally boneheaded...
Could be technisol. Now to find a way to figure it out.
Downloaded Chrome and was able to download the Helix 14.2 apk file.
Unfortunately same results. This thing won't load onto the box for some reason.
You've got to try to be more precise in describing things... Do you mean you downloaded it on another machine/ computer and can't copy it to the box, or installed chrome on the box, downloaded it and the box won't let you install it? You can see my confusion...

Are you getting a message about unable to install apk or enabling unknown sources? (I forget exactly what it says.) You need to go into android settings and enable the installation of programs from outside sources or android won't let you install anything that you didn't get from the play store by default. Usually you need to check a box for something like Unknown Sources in Security settings. Then try using the APK Installer or clicking on the downloaded .apk file again.

If it doesn't run after installing you may need to get a different version or download a version specific to your box from the manufacturer until they get their firmware squared away if they haven't already.

Good luck.
I downloaded the apk file onto a usb stick from a computer.... as well as downloaded chrome on the m8 box and then downloaded the proper apk file. In both instances kodi would not load onto the m8 box. Unfortunately the message reads X App not installed.
I have gone to the securities setting and checked off unknown sources (I did that the first time I attempted it).
One other thing i did notice, is that I added the tunein app from google play. That app no longer exists on the box. I attempted to add it today and it wouldn't allow me, telling me there was an error.
I was thinking, would a factory reset of the m8 box do the trick somehow?
Went to system update and attempted restore your data..... there was a caution logo and I could not do anything further.
Attempted online update.... the screen said "check failed! Check your OTA Servier Argent
Not sure what that means.
Stumped!
I'm just curious, have you checked to see if there is any available free space on the device? There has been an issue popping up a lot of late where the KODI program has been growing, apparently due to the installation of certain third party add-ons, and taking up all available space...

Maybe go to settings, apps and see how large android reports KODI -if you still have it installed... and check out remaining available space, etc.

You could also run whatever file manager you have and check for free space or check in settings.

Failing that, I'm stumped...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help!1