Problems with MySQL and Playlists
Sorry for the cross posting. I was unable to remove the original post.
I have setup MySQL on a server with smb shares which is working fine. I can see all the movies when going in via files. The problem comes in when using smartplaylists. I have added a share on the server for playlists and have also tried using them locally with the same result. Playlists do not load anything. The error I am seeing in the logs is:

12:22:13 T:19004 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (special://profile/playlists/video/Kids TV.xsp)
12:22:13 T:19004 DEBUG: ParentPath = [special://videoplaylists/]
12:22:13 T:19004 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting special://profile/playlists/video/Kids TV.xsp
12:22:13 T:19004 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(special://profile/playlists/video/Kids TV.xsp) failed
12:22:13 T:19004 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (special://videoplaylists/)

My shared path on the server is \\MEDIACENTER\Kodi which then has playlists as a directory under it

The oddest thing is that if I edit a playlist, the changes are reflected on the server but the playlist still does not open

Here is my advancedsettings.xml:

<advancedsettings>
<loglevel>1</loglevel>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.210</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>kodi</user>
<pass>password</pass>
</videodatabase>
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.210</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>kodi</user>
<pass>password</pass>
</musicdatabase>
<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
</videolibrary>
<substitute>
<from>special://profile/playlists/</from>
<to>smb://mediacenter/kodi/playlists/</to>
</substitute>
</advancedsettings>

Anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong?
I'm confused.
Playlists are just files in your userdata that point to a particular selection of media in your library. Using mysql shouldn't make any difference to whether they work or not. Why the playlists server share and path substitution? What's in the playlists folder on your server?
Can you post an example of one of your playlists from your userdata / playlists folder?
I agree, there is no reason they should not work. Before I moved the DB to MySQL on the server, everything worked fine. My goal was to also have the playlists shared off the server so that any changes made would effect all machines

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>Movies</name>
<match>one</match>
<rule field="mpaarating" operator="doesnotcontain">
<value>XXX</value>
</rule>
</smartplaylist>
Okay, the path substitution makes sense now.
I'm not sure I've got anything much useful to add - it looks from the log snippet as though the playlist isn't even opening, so I guess the contents are moot. But the updating on the server suggests kodi's applying the path substitution correctly.
I'd start by removing the path substitution - eliminating that as a factor - and trying to get a new test playlist working.
Posting a link to a full debug log might provide clues as to what's going on.
FWIW I use playlists with mysql without issue.
Just looked at your advancedsettings.xml again - you look to be missing <pathsubstitution>...</pathsubstitution> around your substitution. Maybe as simple as that?
(2015-06-12, 01:16)trogggy Wrote: Just looked at your advancedsettings.xml again - you look to be missing <pathsubstitution>...</pathsubstitution> around your substitution. Maybe as simple as that?

Bingo. TY for catching that. Issue resolved. All is good in the world again.
Great. Glad it's working.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with MySQL and Playlists0