Copy PC Library to Fire TV Stick
I've been searching for hours and have been unable to find an answer to this:

Is there a simple way to copy all my library data (custom art, etc) from my PC to my Fire TV Stick?

I would really like to avoid having to manually change all my artwork again.

Thanks in advance!
If your videos are stored using a network file path that will work on the Fire TV stick, such as an SMB path like smb://server/whatever/etc/, then you can simply copy the userdata (wiki) folder over. Alternatively, use the Backup add-on to backup from the PC and then restore to the Fire TV stick. I've actually done that before, and it seems to work just fine.

If your videos use a file path that is unique to the PC, like files on the local HDD or an SMB path that looks like \\server\whatever\etc\, then something else will need to be done. Maybe path subs (wiki) (messy) or a migration like this: HOW-TO:Backup the video library (wiki).
I was posting this for a friend of mine and he figured out how to get it done somehow. It involved using adbfire to copy the files to the fire tv stick, then exporting the library and editing the path, then importing it, then clean the library. (or something like that).

His files were stored locally on his PC HDD and so he had to edit that location to point to the SMB location.

Although I'll tell him about that "Backup the video library" link you posted. That seems like it might be the better option in the long run.

Thanks for your assistance!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copy PC Library to Fire TV Stick0