Set Content Path substitution?
Hi All,

I have a few machines around the house and a MySQL database setup with path substitutions set up for Sources.xml, Mediasources.xml, Playlists.xml, Favorites.xml and RSSfeeds.xml setup to a network share they can all access.

This works great...... apart from a slightly annoying feature that when I set up a new machine \ reinstall and drop my advancedsettings.xml into the profile everything populates except where you "Set Content" type of each video source (e.g. Set Type "Movies" & use folder names for lookup).

There must be a path substitution for this, but what is it?
The place where you set content is from the files view, which is covered by sources.xml. The actual content settings are stored in the MySQL DB, which is why it works even if you don't see the file sources.
But if you goto update library it doesn't find any new items unless you set the content type for each source
incorrect, you set something up wrong.
(2015-07-16, 22:42)surfing_spider Wrote: But if you goto update library it doesn't find any new items unless you set the content type for each source

Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when you try to update the library in this case? The path and content type for Kodi to check for new items is stored in the MySQL DB, and won't require any manual addition or content being set.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Set Content Path substitution?0