[Kodi 15] - install on Ubuntu from source
It seems you have some "vivid" leftovers installed on your OS - this is an upgraded version right?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
dpkg -l |grep vivid will show all the packages you have from _non_ ubuntu sources ... that's what I meant with "fucked" up.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
it's really funny, but I don't see any leftovers from vivid....
Code:
dpkg -l |grep vivid
xbmc@xbmc-media:/m/BUILDS/xbmc-15.2-Isengard$
Yes, this is upgrade version from 15.04 to 15.10 with "do-release-upgrade".
apt-cache policy kodi-bin

you did not enable the kodi ppa and manually frickled it to use the vivid line, right?
I found.. kodi ppa in sources.list.. I remove it and now I can install kodi 15.1.. Thx fritsch.. but the priority is resolve problem with compile kodi-15.2 from sourceSad.
yeah, as said: sudo apt-get build-dep kodi

and remove the packages you installed via the ppa not made for 15.10
fortisch all kodi version which I installed I had from source.. I don't remember any installation from ppa...

Code:
ii  kodi-bin                             15.1+dfsg1-3                               i386         Open Source Home Theatre (binary data package)
xbmc@xbmc-media:~$ dpkg -l |grep ppa
ii  afpfs-ng-utils                       0.8.1.0-0ubuntu1~ppa3~oneiric1             i386         Client for the Apple Filing Protocol (AFP) (utility programs)
ii  apparmor                             2.10-0ubuntu6                              i386         User-space parser utility for AppArmor
ii  libafpclient0:i386                   0.8.1.0-0ubuntu1~ppa3~oneiric1             i386         Client for the Apple Filing Protocol (AFP) (shared library)
ii  libapparmor-perl                     2.10-0ubuntu6                              i386         AppArmor library Perl bindings
ii  libapparmor1:i386                    2.10-0ubuntu6                              i386         changehat AppArmor library
ic  libcec                               1.6.2-1~ppa1~precise                       i386         Pulse-Eight CEC adapter control library
ii  libshairport-dev:i386                1:1.2.1~git20121216.16395d8-1~ppa1~quantal i386         emulates an AirPort Express (development files)
ii  libshairport1:i386                   1:1.2.1~git20121216.16395d8-1~ppa1~quantal i386         emulates an AirPort Express (shared library)
ii  ppa-purge                            0.2.8+bzr57                                all          disables a PPA and reverts to official packages
xbmc@xbmc-media:~$
Code:
xbmc@xbmc-media:~$ dpkg -l |grep xbmc
ii  plymouth-theme-xbmcbuntu-logo        0.1                                        all          graphical boot animation and logger - xbmcbuntu-logo theme
ii  plymouth-theme-xbmcbuntu-text        0.1                                        all          graphical boot animation and logger - xbmcbuntu-text theme
ii  syslinux-themes-xbmcbuntu-oneiric    1                                          i386         collection of boot loaders (xbmcbuntu-oneiric theme)
ii  taglib                               1.8-1                                      i386         Taglib-1.8-for-xbmc
ii  ubiquity-slideshow-xbmcbuntu         1                                          all          Ubiquity slideshow for XBMCbuntu
ii  xbmcbuntu-artwork                    0.1                                        all          artwork for XBMCbuntu
ii  xbmcbuntu-default-settings           0.10                                       all          default settings for XBMCbuntu
ii  xbmcbuntu-icon-theme                 0.1                                        all          icon theme for XBMCbuntu
ii  xbmcbuntu-plymouth-theme
As wsnipex has updated the ppa / including the nightly one, you can install the build dependencies as follows:

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:team-xbmc/xbmc-nightly
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:team-xbmc/xbmc-ppa-build-depends
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get build-dep kodi

After this - and if there are no fucked up - selfbuild libs in /usr/local ... kodi will configure and build.
note that libcec is missing and the one in the ubuntu repos is incompatible.
Yeah - good that I don't need it :-)
(2015-10-26, 19:44)fritsch Wrote: As wsnipex has updated the ppa / including the nightly one, you can install the build dependencies as follows:

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:team-xbmc/xbmc-nightly
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:team-xbmc/xbmc-ppa-build-depends
sudo apt-get update

After this - and if there are no fucked up - selfbuild libs in /usr/local ... kodi will configure and build.

fritsch, after that it's nothing happend...
Still can't compile kodi from sourceSad
Code:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Yeah - cause you f*cked up your system with packages not meant for your installation.

We are not a repair shop for selfmade pain, sorry ... clean your /usr/local mess and remove every package not added with currently installed ppas

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Kodi 15] - install on Ubuntu from source0