Sound stopping / black screen
Hi Guys,

I've recently bought myself a Sony STR-KS 100 amp which works great with the Dolby Digital movies...most of the time!

Sometimes I come back and find that Kodi has a black screen or that there's no sound at all. Sometimes a restart does the trick, but its hardly ideal. Today I had no sound and was checking all the windows settings to try and work out what was going on. Then I decided to go and double Kodi settings, heres the weird bit. As soon as I opened 'Audio Output' from system settings, all the sound suddenly came back! It was almost as if Kodi needed a trigger?

I've already tried the pin 19 trick on the hdmi cable which has mostly helped, its just this one thing :S

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Max
Try an EDID override with moninfo
Thank you for the suggestion. Had a quick google and couldnt see anything, do you know of a guide for this?
Do both
Looks like i was too slow on the edit!

Thanks again - but a little shy of doing this without some sort of guide - any suggestions?
Open moninfo file>create inf>save as name of amp i.e. SONY
Open your device manager>right click computer>manage>device manager>monitors>right click properties>click driver tab>update driver>browse where you saved it.

The inf info you saved should contain all purported res that is available to your AMP.
HTH
Thanks very much for writing this out.

I just tried it and I get the message "The best driver for your software is already installed."

Have you seen this before?

EDIT: I found out that I need to choose 'pick from a list', then 'have disk; then select the driver. However I now need to disable driver signature verification, haven't done this on win10 yet, hope its not too tricky!

UPDATE: It installed! I'll try this for a couple of days and see what happens Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound stopping / black screen0