Kodi 15.1 Audio Issues
Hi everyone,

I have been using XBMC for quite a long time now and found out I could upgrade to Kodi 15 just by downloading it from the google play store so I wanted to try it out. I am using a 5.1 surround sound system via HDMI. I have a Denon AVR e400 and am using all HDMI cables. The Android device I am using is a MINIX NEO X8-H Plus. Currently my minix box in settings is set to HDMI passthrough as it always has been.

Whenever I try to play a movie or tv episode zero audio comes through.

Here are the settings currently enabled in Kodi Expert System> Audio Output settings.

Audio Output Device (won't let me change this setting): android, audio track
Number of channels: 5.1
Output Configuration: Fixed
Limit Sampling Rate: 48.0 kHz
Stereo Upmix: unchecked
Maintain Original Volume on down mix: checked
Resample Quality: high
Keep Audio Device alive: Always
Play guy sounds: only when playback stopped

Please let me know if you find anything that may cause the issue, and let me know what other info you need from me to fix the issue.

Thank-you very much

Shawn
Set audio channels to 2.0
then select Enable Pasthrough
and select the types of passthrough your receiver can handle and away you go... or so I hope!

I believe it has to be set to 2 channels to get passthrough working as only 2 channels are supported by android or somesuch, but it will do more and I think you might be able to set it back to 5.1 after making the changes?

Good Luck!
(2015-08-17, 23:19)technisol Wrote: Set audio channels to 2.0
then select Enable Pasthrough
and select the types of passthrough your receiver can handle and away you go... or so I hope!

I believe it has to be set to 2 channels to get passthrough working as only 2 channels are supported by android or somesuch, but it will do more and I think you might be able to set it back to 5.1 after making the changes?

Good Luck!

Yup I figured it out a few hours ago, I forgot I had to leave it at 2 channel. Kodi is working fine now after I cleared the cache
Hey, good for you. I remembered it from my own go around when I updated to Isengard. The version I'd been running before, Stane's 13.2, didn't require passthrough to be set up on my hardware -it just worked. So, Isengard took a bit of diddling around to get audio working correctly for me too. Not Isengard's fault, just one of those things.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 15.1 Audio Issues0