Adding Concerts to main menu
Hi Guys

I'm using >> OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0-devel-20150820214450-r21229-g5388803

I've found references to this here and there and talk of manual workarounds with NFO files and theconcertdb scraper but still unclear as to best approach.

When adding Concerts:

I go to Videos
Add Videos
Select the folder which contains my approx.75 concerts (each concert in its own folder)
Change content to: Music Videos
It defaults to : theaudiodb
(if you click on "Get More" - there's no more to get / select. So by selecting Music Videos as your content, you can only use theaudiodb scraper
Refresh items in this path: YES
Does the scan and picks up nothing - but at least it places the concert under CONCERTS on my main menu

If however I change content to Movies and re-scan I get the correct results (most of the time and certainly for all the more mainstream stuff)
Problem with this approach is that the concerts do not end up under CONCERTS on my main menu and the only way to access them is via Videos / Files and then drill down to the Concerts folder on my NAS

1. Is there a way to add a concert useful scraper after changing content to Music Videos... seems not? If not, I'll go through the tedious process of uploading manual NFO files
2. Where can I get the NFO files for all my concerts or at least the precise data for the NFO files? Or do they have to be manually created for every concert - major PIA

Appreciate any guidance here - strange that Kodi doesn't support this better

Thank you / Jim
Intel NUC D54250WYKH | Core i5 | 128 GB SSD | 8GB RAM |HDMI to Pioneer VSX1123
OpenELEC V4.2.0 (Generic.x86_64)
XBMC Version: 13.2 (Sep 26, 2014)
Skin: Aeon Nox Version 4.1.9
(2015-09-14, 05:14)AU Jim Wrote: strange that Kodi doesn't support this better

You could create a long list of video categories what is not supporting by default on the main menu. You should use a smart playlist for that.
OK - thanks olympia

although what's the good of having a "Concert" item on the main menu if you can't use it?
Intel NUC D54250WYKH | Core i5 | 128 GB SSD | 8GB RAM |HDMI to Pioneer VSX1123
OpenELEC V4.2.0 (Generic.x86_64)
XBMC Version: 13.2 (Sep 26, 2014)
Skin: Aeon Nox Version 4.1.9
(2015-09-15, 01:31)AU Jim Wrote: OK - thanks olympia

although what's the good of having a "Concert" item on the main menu if you can't use it?
This question should be raised to the developer of the skin you use. Not accidentally there is no such main menu item in the default and official Kodi skin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding Concerts to main menu0