Some main menu widgets don't work
I am running Mimic on openELEC 15.95.5 on a Raspberry Pi and have a problem in that some of the widgets for the main menu don't work. If I enable the Recommended Movies or Recent Movies widget for the Movie button on the Main Menu, nothing ever appears. The little triangle appears in the top right corner of the button, but nothing displays. Same for enabling Recent Episodes or Recommended Episodes for the TV Shows button.

The Recommended Albums, Recent Albums and Random Albums widgets work fine for the Music button.

It's strange as seems to have just happened as the widgets were working a day or so ago.
Did you install the latest Mimic from github? If so, you'll also need the latest script.skinshortcuts.
(2015-10-05, 16:04)braz Wrote: Did you install the latest Mimic from github? If so, you'll also need the latest script.skinshortcuts.

Yes, downloaded the most recent version of mimic for Isengard, v2.3.0 and the most recent script.skinshortcuts v0.6.1

The behaviour is really erratic because if I select the 'Random Movies' widget for the Movies button, it shows four movies, but I change the widget to 'Recommended Movies' it shows the same four movies....it never changes.

None of the widgets associated with TV Shows do anything with the TV Shows button, but when I first tried the widget a few days ago, those widgets worked, now they are silent.
I've just noticed some sort of pattern. All the widgets related to movies display the same four movies, and those four movies are the ones that are marked as unwatched. Since the TV Shows widgets are all showing nothing, perhaps they are trying to show unwatched episodes, but there is no equivalent of that so nothing gets displayed.
(2015-10-06, 11:50)sunnyape Wrote:
(2015-10-05, 16:04)braz Wrote: Did you install the latest Mimic from github? If so, you'll also need the latest script.skinshortcuts.

Yes, downloaded the most recent version of mimic for Isengard, v2.3.0 and the most recent script.skinshortcuts v0.6.1

The behaviour is really erratic because if I select the 'Random Movies' widget for the Movies button, it shows four movies, but I change the widget to 'Recommended Movies' it shows the same four movies....it never changes.

None of the widgets associated with TV Shows do anything with the TV Shows button, but when I first tried the widget a few days ago, those widgets worked, now they are silent.
Just tested on Isengard here, can't reproduce the issue. For Isengard, I recommend installing Mimic and SkinShortcuts from the Isengard repo, not github. You may not have a dependency installed, or mismatched versions, not sure.
(2015-10-07, 03:25)braz Wrote: Just tested on Isengard here, can't reproduce the issue. For Isengard, I recommend installing Mimic and SkinShortcuts from the Isengard repo, not github. You may not have a dependency installed, or mismatched versions, not sure.

Ok,will do and let you know how it goes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some main menu widgets don't work0