Favorite Addon List
Hello All,

Is it possible for me to make an addon that simply lists or displays a group / folder of addons on my system? Essentially my favorite addons but not using super favorites or other addons etc.

Is so, any pointers, tips or resources that could head me off in the right direction?

Thanks,
Do you have some basic Python skills?
Just some basics but not afraid of work or learning more. Perhaps I need to buy a book.
(2016-01-14, 01:48)Jayson Wonder Wrote: Just some basics but not afraid of work or learning more. Perhaps I need to buy a book.

Use google and http://kodi.wiki/view/Python_development

What you want to focus on is json, and basic listitems.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Sweet. I will do this. I appreciate the time. I must say I'm surprised that a similar addon does not exist already. Oh well. I have some learning to do.
(2016-01-14, 22:35)Jayson Wonder Wrote: Sweet. I will do this. I appreciate the time. I must say I'm surprised that a similar addon does not exist already. Oh well. I have some learning to do.

NP, when you have code and need help... feel free to post it here.

BTW a plugin to list favorites? there are a few...
Well I will post when I start the code.

Well the addon needs to list a collection of shortcuts to various pre selected addons. I guess something like super favorites would be a 95% solution but I did not want to depend on any other addons. If that makes sense.
(2016-01-14, 22:44)Jayson Wonder Wrote: Well I will post when I start the code.

Well the addon needs to list a collection of shortcuts to various pre selected addons. I guess something like super favorites would be a 95% solution but I did not want to depend on any other addons. If that makes sense.

PseudoLibrary, PseudoCompanion tool already allow users to browse all addons via plugin Wink
Well I will check this out and even get some ideas from that. Who knows, maybe I am trying to reinvent the wheel which is silky. I'll search up and install this one you mentioned now.

Thanks
(2016-01-14, 22:44)Jayson Wonder Wrote: Well I will post when I start the code.

Super Favourites is fully open source so feel free to use any code in there that you think will help, I'm also happy to help explain any of the code if you need a hand.

Or if it just for personal use, take SF remove the functionality you don't want, then change the addon id, so it doesn't update.

Out of curiosity why wouldn't SF do the job?

Tbh what you described sounds more or less what version 1 of SF was Smile
That sounds worth considering also. I'll be installing that too

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Favorite Addon List0