Kodi Jarvis Corrupt Font
Not sure it's Android OS/Kodi version conflict related as the latest Firmware update appears to resolve this issue on the Himedia H8 box.
(2016-03-26, 03:40)deanc Wrote: Not sure it's Android OS/Kodi version conflict related as the latest Firmware update appears to resolve this issue on the Himedia H8 box.

Hi Deanc, thanks so much for your post as after I tried a firmware update for my H8 using a USB stick (as the online update option would always say I as up to date when in fact I wasn't), I then tried another install of Jarvis and this time it worked perfectly without any font corruption on the menu options Smile

Cheers! Big Grin
H8 stock firmware is HDM 1.0.4. You need to upgrade to the current one which is 1.0.9. to be able to install anything above Kodi 14 on it. Alternatively you can install ZDMC build of the Kodi 16. It works but will give headaches for builds like Apollo 5, 6 and 7 and others. I strongly suggest to all H8 users to upgrade their boxes.
Not sure if it's even kodi issue. I have seen some reports saying the same for system internet browser (this was RK based android box). Regarding to kodi, this happend me only one time, it's weird issue indeed but it rather seems to be some software problem at system level.

Now I'm unable to reproduce it, but I also have newer firmware
I have the same problem with my Acer Iconia One 7. After updating to Jarvis it started doing this, goes back to normal after "reloading" skin. Very annoying, I must say...
Yes, but it will come back when you log back in. This is not o Kodi issues, stop wasting your time with Kodi's settings. look up the problem at your box. It is a firmware flaw. Jarvis needs updated boxes to work properly. Same with most of the builds.
Hi,
Have this be resolve?
Don't see this as a Device problem since kodi have an option made for raspberry pis and I'm having the same problem on the raspberry pi 2/3.

Thanks for any assistance.
Star 
Found solution

Navigate to SYSTEM tab (far right) on the home screen and go to settings.

Once the settings menu appears, click on appearance

Ensure you work within the Skin tab (sounds gross I know)

There is a blob in the bottom left called Settings level. Click it once (should change settings to Expert)

Once Settings have dropped the main menu should have two grayed out items. Select the White item just below the grayed out items. This is Fonts

The next popup should have 4 options. Select the bottom option for Arial based.

Once it accepts the choice. The blocks should be gone.

Hope This Helps!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Jarvis Corrupt Font1