Win Switch Windows default audio device from Kodi ?
Hi there,

I've juste installed Kodi. I would like to be able to switch Windows default audio device from Kodi.

For movies with AC3 or DTS tracks, sound has to go through the Realtek Optical Output (with Pass-through). But for all other streams, sound has to go directly to TV via the HDMI port of my mainboard.

Is there a way to switch automatically or manually Windows default audio device directly within Kodi ?

Thanks,

Mambobuzzz
Normally Kodi switches from direct sound to Waspi hdmi exclusive when I make the switch to the TV using the windows switcher or turning on my AVR automatically, when Kodi is up or not. Which means that basically it's your o/s and hardware that is doing the controlling, although you can manually effect changes to either inside Kodi settings. I also have an optical output, but I have to manually switch in the o/s for that.

What you're trying to do is best done with some sort of batch file or script.
Have you tried setting different output in settings-system-audio output ?

Choose your tv for the first option and enable passtrough with your amp at the bottom of the page. Sorry if I'm not clear can't post pictures as I'm at work.
manual switch:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=199579
Not on Windows, but I use the Audio Profiles Switcher, with a shortcut then defined as a favourite on my home screen. That allows me to wasily toggle between optical/SPDIF and HDMI depending on what I want.

I am assuming that it works on Jarvis, but it worked like a charm on Isengard.
Hi,

many thanks for your helps ! Smile

I don't need to switch the audio device within Kodi. I just need to switch the default Windows device.

@PatK : You spoke from batches. Maybe I can find any, but how can I do the integration in Kodi ?

Mambobuzzz
Google turned this up:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/audio-swit...io-devices
You would launch your desired audio settings and then Kodi within some sort of batch/script. Usually one doesn't 'find' scripts unless you're lucky, but write them. There has been a few, but it would take some digging in the forum to unearth them, and mostly likely they wouldn't be tailored to your needs anyway. This looks close to what you need http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200081

Python development (wiki)
HOW-TO:Write python scripts (wiki)
Built-in scripting (wiki)
Okay, thank you all. After a few days searching/trying I decided not to do this... Just always using Kodi with the SPDIF output (amplifier). It would be just to complicated and not that much WAF-complient ! Big Grin
Wooowww, but there was a perfect solution built in Kodi ! Smile I've found that when audio device is set on "DirectSound : Default" and Passtrought on "DirectSound : SPDIF Realtek Optical Output " everything works perfect ! Sounds obvious but I didn't tried that configuration. Now everything goes to the HDMI except all the Dolby Digital and DTS audio tracks that goes to the Realtek Optical ! Just perfect !!! Kodi is soooo goood !!!
(2016-04-07, 10:56)Mambobuzzz Wrote: Wooowww, but there was a perfect solution built in Kodi ! Smile I've found that when audio device is set on "DirectSound : Default" and Passtrought on "DirectSound : SPDIF Realtek Optical Output " everything works perfect ! Sounds obvious but I didn't tried that configuration. Now everything goes to the HDMI except all the Dolby Digital and DTS audio tracks that goes to the Realtek Optical ! Just perfect !!! Kodi is soooo goood !!!

That's what I was saying in post #3. Sorry for not being clearer. You could of saved a couple of days.
My problem fits into this thread. Sadly Kodi 16 R2 cannot switch reliably between Optical Out (passthrough for mullti channel videos) and Stereo (for music) anymore. In v15 it worked well!
One output is the Breakaway Audio Enhancer which takes Stereo signals (multi channel cannot be processed) and tunes them, then passes it on to the amp per optical stereo. The multi channel output goes directly to the amp per optical as passthrough). Auto-Switching between different audio-sources worked flawlessly with XBMC/Kodi v15.x but with v16 the bug returned. After playing an multi channel video, most of the time the stereo output signals are gone (GUI sounds and music don't work anymore, only multi channel) I have to start the Win System again, Breakaway hangs-up. Please check the switch between the two audio outputs again. I think the problem is been caused by Kodi because v15 worked.
(2016-04-07, 13:29)sarlan19 Wrote:
(2016-04-07, 10:56)Mambobuzzz Wrote: Wooowww, but there was a perfect solution built in Kodi ! Smile I've found that when audio device is set on "DirectSound : Default" and Passtrought on "DirectSound : SPDIF Realtek Optical Output " everything works perfect ! Sounds obvious but I didn't tried that configuration. Now everything goes to the HDMI except all the Dolby Digital and DTS audio tracks that goes to the Realtek Optical ! Just perfect !!! Kodi is soooo goood !!!

That's what I was saying in post #3. Sorry for not being clearer. You could of saved a couple of days.

Damn, yes... Sorry...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switch Windows default audio device from Kodi ?0